1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetalfreak

xmetalfreak Oakley Beginner

i have an oakley juliet with serial number W######A. but i didnt see it on the wiki list. anyone else has this kind of serial?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. v2kjokerz

v2kjokerz Oakley Enthusiast

This is what I saw "W###### -Warranty X-Metal" does that mean it was a warranty replacement?

3. xmetalfreak

thats what i saw too. but this one has "A" after the numbers. i only have the plasma frame no lens. so i cant determine what color combi this fame supposed to be

4. dcl10

dcl10 Oakley Beginner

It's not supposed to be anything. It's a second gen. (A) warranty replacement for a first gen. frame. The frames are swapped out, and the original lenses are used. There is no way to find out from the warranty frames serial, what the original one was.

5. xmetalfreak

oh ok. thnx! so i can just put in any lens i desire. i bought just the frame. the seller told me he had this for years and totally forgot about it until today

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yup. remember second gen plasmas still have a slight coating issue, so take care of them

7. xmetalfreak

i see some light discoloration. brownish in color.

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yup thats typical of plasma thats not taken care of.. if it isnt peeling yet, it MAY be able to be cleaned with metal cleaner.. but its a long shot. how bad is it

9. xmetalfreak

i dont see any peeling. just some light discoloration in some areas. i got it for $80. do you think its worth it? the coupler is still tight.

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

sounds like a decent deal.. try using Autosol metal cleaner.. usually gets most discolorations out. or you can play safe and just live with the brown-ness.. haha