• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Juliet vs. Car

Strange..... I once bought a broken pair of Plasma Juliet's for the good orbital that was slammed jn a car door. The orbital tab was broken right off in the bridge..... These get run over and the orbs are pretty much in tact with the bridge......

Definitely wonder how you could go about running these over. I'm sure it's a reasonable explanation, but I just don't get it! I guess I've just been lucky enough to never have run over a pair of sunglasses haha.
-Kevin

It's funny, WAY back in the day my 1.0 Eye Jackets fell out of the door or my pocket or something and got run over in the driveway by a pickup. Luckily it was a dirt driveway and it was spring so the snow had the dirt nice and soft. Still, it popped both ear stems off, popped out the lenses, and totally flattened the frame. When I found them I was heartbroken, but I was able to bend the frame back curved, popped the lenses back in and the stems back on, and you couldn't even tell anything had happened. I don't even recall any real damage to the lenses. I love my metals, but plastic has it's advantages!

Around 2,400 kids each year - or approximately 50 children each week - are injured after being struck or run over by a car that is backing out from a driveway. Of these, around 2 kids will die each and every week from their injuries, (or around 100 every year), according to 2007 data. Mostly it is the parents backing out of their driveways. These numbers are insane and I guess if it can be done to your own kids why not a pair of sunglasses.

It's funny, WAY back in the day my 1.0 Eye Jackets fell out of the door or my pocket or something and got run over in the driveway by a pickup. Luckily it was a dirt driveway and it was spring so the snow had the dirt nice and soft. Still, it popped both ear stems off, popped out the lenses, and totally flattened the frame. When I found them I was heartbroken, but I was able to bend the frame back curved, popped the lenses back in and the stems back on, and you couldn't even tell anything had happened. I don't even recall any real damage to the lenses. I love my metals, but plastic has it's advantages!

This is too funny! I had a pair of new eye jackets that had fallen out of my car unbeknownst to me at a friends house and his dad ran them over with their Wrangler. All it did was pop the arm off the orbital and scratch the lens! Nothing broke and they went right back together, and they asked if I was missing a pair and after I looked, it was indeed them. This was back in like 1999 or so and I had them for another 7 years until they were lost in a river tubing accident... They are now being worn by some catfish in the Muskegon river in Big Rapids, MI... :(