• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Juliets Getting Replaced By Oakley But With Titanium

i dont recall there being any titanium frames without serial. they were discontinued while the serials were still going. i'm almost certain its goin to be an xmetal frame. xmetal
and plasma are the 2 most common juliet frames and thats what they would have in stock i believe.

That would be nice to have a serialized frame come back, especially brand new...but I'm still interested if the serial will start with the "W" for warranty, or just the usual production serial #. Aren't serialized warranty frames harder to come by...I wouldn't mind having one just to have one (with the "W" serial), LOL. Have my fingers crossed for joby that it's Titanium frames either way!

Chances are you're right though BriP, I wouldn't be surprised if a regular x-metal frame is sent back.

That would be nice to have a serialized frame come back, especially brand new...but I'm still interested if the serial will start with the "W" for warranty, or just the usual production serial #. Aren't serialized warranty frames harder to come by...I wouldn't mind having one just to have one (with the "W" serial), LOL. Have my fingers crossed for joby that it's Titanium frames either way!

Chances are you're right though BriP, I wouldn't be surprised if a regular x-metal frame is sent back.

yeah! i'll be expecting a Xmetal frame, probably a new release with only the frame size markings on the left arm. i will be pleasantly surprised if it was a W-serial, and REALLY AMAZED if it was a titanium.

yup its not. first gen titanium looks like a creamy pale xmetal. second gen looks like a different hued plasma. btw, "titanium" and "xmetal" mention here are just colors, not talking about materials.

I know they're colors. Had never heard of Titanium before, though. :smile:

When did they stop releasing Titanium?

I know they're colors. Had never heard of Titanium before, though. :smile:

When did they stop releasing Titanium?

yeah had to clarify that for others reading the thread- its amazing how mixed up it gets sometimes.

im not sure when titanium was discontinued. it must have started early on in juliet production (since gen1 ti juliet is similar to the romeo Ti) and ran through Penny production (gen2 ti juliet = ti penny surface) and ended there. as far as i know it only went through gen1 and2 (T 123456 and T 123456A). not heard about a gen3 serial or finish of the titanium frame. the penny is the last frame to use titanium as a material, so judging from that, the ti juliet could have gone anytime between 2003 and 2007.

First post updated to show what I received from Oakley. I know I requested titanium, but they look like plasma to me. Please let me know your thoughts. The receipt states that its titanium and it came with root beer rubbers installed. No serial, but what do the numbers mean on the inside of the arm?

Thanks.

55 O 21 are just the frame dimensions. all juliets are made this size

Correct, i was saying that with 55-21 on the stems, it would have to be a later model, so 04-151 would fit the bill. I was typing on my phone and trying to be brief, but it didn't make much sense i suppose.

Back