• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal lens choice

rino

Oakley Enthusiast
Italy
I cannot decide myself, must choose lens for my x-metal R1 from:

- classic Black Iridium
- Tungsten Iridium

I found a lot of plasma and titanium frames with Tungsten, but nothing in x-metal to compare

Personally, I'd do BI, but I like OEM for the most part. Guess it really just boils down to personal choice, and how u plan on using them.

BI will be the original color set that is lovely, but I like more contrast lenses and thinking how tungsten will work on x-metal frame.
I'll use them as daily pair with my PB2

If u like contrast lenses like the VR28, you could also get a custom set cut by @InfiniteHero. I have not had any custom lenses cut, but as I understand he is THE one for this type of thing. I'm still new myself, so I'm not sure the process, but I believe it would involve finding a set of donor lenses that are big enough, then sending them to be cut.

Yes you're right, I know about the good guys here cutting OEM lense, but they're based in US and for me that I live in EU will cost maybe too much with shipping and import duties.
I asked my optician/optometrist and she's going to cut them for me.
VR28BIP are my favorite lenses, I use them for fishing in a custom GP75 racing jacket and everyday use with PB2.
Unfortunately as donor (Big Taco) I found only TI and BI, and still waiting for Deep Blue Polarized from a Ten X (hope will fit with the correct polarization angle)

pm'd you Rino @OakleyGuru379 what donor for the Pos Red for Romeo 1. If your talking about Plaintiff's they are discontinued and Oakley has none and store have none.

Turbines work just fine so more and more are coming out for those too in prism (Baseball etc... which is Pos Red basically) This is only for optical machine cutters, this is not a lens for hand cutters.

Back