• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Line Update.

I think if it was a new metal line that's what she would have told me. As used the specific words xmetal so it has to be titanium.

I say it's still Juliet's they just can be taken apart like the x squared

They'll be as "X-Metal" as the X-Squared, Romeo 2, and Half-X are. By that right Oakley should have made any titanium wire frame an X-Metal.

As long as they look awesome and are indeed metal with flex couplers and temples and whatnot they're still X-Metal, even if they're stainless steel instead of titanium. Cuz guess what? You'll probably not notice a difference.

The Juliet has been on the market more than 13 years. It's still popular, but only the M-Frame and Frogskin have outlived it.

I, for one, hope the new X-line is a bit cheaper. I'd like to get a set when they come out, as long as they have a Romeo-sized pair since the Juliet was way too small for me. I almost broke down and got an X-Squared at the $210 price, but being unemployed means I have to pass. Maybe someone will have an X-metal/black iridium pair for sale for $150 after the paychecks start coming in again :big_boss:

I think the chances of the new line being less is pretty slim. The company hasn't shown a penchant for keeping prices stable...quite the opposite...and if you have a line already programmed into peoples brains as being $350, $400...what motivation would they have to give that back. And considering this move is money motivated (cheaper material, cheaper labor, cheaper warranty work)? Yeah.

These glasses are so expensive that a lot of people that buy them never wear them. How many ads do we see on cl etc that say: worn once or twice etc..."
A lower entry price would not only open them up to more people but would encourage people to actually wear them. While I agree that Oakley has no reason to do it, if they have the ability to produce them cheaper, send those savings to us!

I highly doubt that any new glasses would be on the market in 3-4 months. The date I originally heard was summer 2013 for any new x-metals...or whatever they will be called.

I was looking on Oakley's UK site and almost all the X Metals are out of stock if their not coming out for over a year why would they have so little stock?

That makes no sense, Oakley stated they would not be reproduced until an undetermined date in 2013.

I was looking on Oakley's UK site and almost all the X Metals are out of stock if their not coming out for over a year why would they have so little stock?

Because the production plant was shut down this month.

That makes no sense, Oakley stated they would not be reproduced until an undetermined date in 2013.

Because the production plant was shut down this month.

Well I'm just sending info I was told out there. If it is not correct please don't shoot the messenger.