• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Lot On The Bay

There is a thread on here somewhere regarding this, I can't recall the OF member who broke down the cost of each frame just to show that they can be had for way less than this price. I guess if someone wants them so bad, they would buy them

If I'm not mistaken, the seller was on the boards a few months ago, trying to gather thoughts on pricing and selling them here. As Ausoakley said, a few members chimed in with truthful opinions...

I stand by those appraisals.

I've seen glasses he has listed sell for more than the appraisals given. I think he'd get close to what he was looking for if he wasn't trying to sell in a group. People get caught up in bidding and it usually pushes the price of items higher than what you can find them for in the open market.

I think he'd get close to what he was looking for if he wasn't trying to sell in a group. People get caught up in bidding and it usually pushes the price of items higher than what you can find them for in the open market.
We can agree to disagree on this my man. People do get caught up in bidding but it takes 2 to make a bid go. Otherwise the item sells for cheap, like if bidder #2 decides to go fishing, take in some live music, chop up a body, yada yada.

For grins tho, since we do this stuff for fun (I hope) what do you think that they are worth individually? Remember that only one Ichiro is boxed and all are loose/ w bags.

So let's discuss...

(1) Oakley Juliet ICHIRO Polished/OO Ice Blue Sunglasses: Extremely Rare. Serial I51003XXX. Blue earsocks, nosepads and temple pieces.
Value: $____________
(2) 1st Generation Oakley Juliet Polished/OO Ice Blue Sunglasses: Serial JB002XXX Beautiful 1st Generation Polished Oakley Juliet Sunglasses. This Ice Iridium is known as OO Blue, It has a deep blue color like the one in the signature Oakley Ichiro Blue Sunglasses. The color is so rich that its almost purple!
(3) Oakley Juliet ICHIRO Polished/Emerald Slate Sunglasses: Emerald Slate is a more pleasant to use than the regular Emerald Iridium. Emerald earsocks, nosepads and temple pieces.
(4) 1st Generation Oakley Juliet Polished/Emerald Slate Sunglasses (ONE OF A KIND): Rarest of the 1st Generation Polished Oakley Juliet Sunglasses. This was a prototype given to me by an Oakley Representative. It has a deeper green color, simply one of my favorite! It looks just like the Ichiro edition except it doesn't have the "ICHIRO" engraving. It has a vibrant sea-green lens color (aka emerald slate) different from any other emerald iridium you will ever find. Emerald earsocks, nosepads and temple pieces. SUPER RARE Worth $2500 by itself
(5) Oakley Juliet ICHIRO Polished/Slate Sunglasses: Extremely Rare Serial I51003XXX. Blue earsocks, nosepads and temple pieces.
(6) 1st Generation Oakley Juliet Polished/Fire Sunglasses: Serial JE003XXX Beautiful 1st Generation Polished Oakley Juliet Sunglasses. It has a deeper fire color. New with tag
(7) 1st Generation Oakley Juliet Polished/Polarized Fire Sunglasses: Serial JP014XXX Beautiful 1st Generation Polished Oakley Juliet Sunglasses. It has a deeper fire color

Total: $_____________

After this we can head over to the Pokémon forum and discuss if $4500 is a reasonable cost for an (almost) complete set of 2700 Pokémon cards (funny that spell check put the accent on Pokémon)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-EX-...066?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a81ef6162

I stand corrected. With the exception of your prices on the Ichiro everything is very close. And the Ichiro's aren't selling for the asking prices. I am very surprised to see the value on the 1st gen Juliets, it is not what I expected. I do think Ebay sets the value of X-Metals. As some have said they do not but there is no other place to go out and buy X-Metals. To me know after looking up some prices it seems Juliets listed here are over priced. Don't get me started on Pokemon $1.60 per card is more than fair for an almost complete set!!

Dude, I wasn't looking to dog you.
I hope that you didn't take it that way- just looking for a little discussion in the discussion sub forum since there's no hot tub up in here.
A boxed LNIB (???) Emerald just sold for $600, I think that's a pretty good barometer of where a nice pair (boxed) of Ikes are at, especially non-serialized ones.
Not really looking to dog the seller either, however that batch has been out there for at least 3 months and for sure if he broke them up he would sell them faster. But... that would require putting each under a microscope and putting a value on them that on the surface might seem ludicrous. Putting them in a batch muddies the water a bit and obscures the total value equation but for sure there are more folks out there with $500 than one person with $5500.
Since you said that was a good price for the Pokémons I bought them but on the Pokémon forum you have to wait to join the exchange so flipping them might take a little longer than I thought. (SARCASM)