• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal, Metal Vault

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
So I was curious on how most of you use these:
2011-11-03_08-21-22_69.jpg

2011-11-03_08-21-07_856.jpg

I mainly have been using it to rotate between Juliets.. one pair is in here while the other is in a soft vault.. I alwys bring a soft vault with me for my Oakleys.. but I don't carry this one around at all..

It is not on display as I don't have a display for my collection. I got this case when I bought my Plasma/Ice Juliets

So how do you use yours?

usually a display piece more than anything.... although if youre really protective of a valuable pair (maybe low serial pair you want to carry around) this will definitely do the job better than the soft vault

As Brip says, normally for display, but I actually have two stuck away in the bottom of my cabinet with all my boxes as the foam perished to sh1t so they are now hidden where no one can see them. sad really, they are awesome!!

As Brip says, normally for display, but I actually have two stuck away in the bottom of my cabinet with all my boxes as the foam perished to sh1t so they are now hidden where no one can see them. sad really, they are awesome!!

You should sell me one then Peeza. Then I can post here on how I use it!! :biggrin:

I use mine. It's the only thing my metals travel out of their home case in. Mine was BNIB when I got it so I pulled the stock foam and store it sealed and constant temperature location. I took some foam and spent an afternoon fashioning a DIY new set of inserts. It makes no sense to me whatsoever to not use it when you'd have to run over it with a truck to damage it...and even scratches or what not can be easily taken out with a Cape Cod cloth

i use this from time to time on my trips for some x-metals . . .
it's a pretty cool case and i love it! the rest of the year it's up in the display :cool:

the soft vault is not safe enough for my Romeos, Ichiro Juliets or XX :big_boss:

Back