• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal NightCrawler New To The Game Need Help & Tips The Xman & Infinite Hero & Dr Chop & Xmetalma

This is the X-Metal NightCrawler checking in to the Oakley forum.​

I've only recently got into X metal collecting this past summer after wanting to step my game up and wanting something unique but what really
spearheaded me watching movies such as x-men 1-2-3 Blade 2 and Fight Club. And always been curious about them finally decide to do research.

Here is my humble collection looking to get it advice from those experts but most importantly trying to make contact and get advice & quotes from the x-man & infinite hero & Dr chop & xmetalmaniac + other premium users hopefully they see this post and weight in.+ MY COLLECTION IS NOT FOR-SALE just giving insight on my collection & how being patience pays off if I ever do sell it will reflect FAIR MARKET PRICE just because I got a STEAL means I wont be giving them away NightCrawler has done his due diligence in acquiring my collection

myc_zpsb127cad8.jpg
==================================================================================
1st of my collection Plasma / Ice Juliet 2nd Generation​
[URL=http://s845.photobucket.com/user/undeniable1936/media/oakley%20collection/juliets2nd_zps76357efa.jpg.html]juliets2nd_zps76357efa.jpg[/URL]

serial # [JI071133A]
frame = 10/10
lenses = 9/10
nose joints tightness = 9/10
arms tightness = 9/10

Back story on this perfect item the 1st of my oakley buys oct-4-2013 & it must have been destiny but anyway the guy was having a moving sale his ex girl friend bought them for him years back and he wanted them gone The 1st guy that RESPONED TO THE AD back off as soon as he let me know I couldn't pass it up for the low price of $25

Price = $25.00
==================================================================================​
Metal Crater/Black Iridium / MARS​
[URL=http://s845.photobucket.com/user/undeniable1936/media/oakley%20collection/mars_zpsdd7f2d25.jpg.html]mars_zpsdd7f2d25.jpg[/URL]

serial # [M021892]
frame = 10/10
lenses = 10/10
Nose joints = 10/10
Arms tightness = 10/10
Rubber = perfect

The back story on these I was up late around 2am oct-27-2013 & I happen to come across these MARS on ebay located in Hawaii listed only 5min before I logged in i had to get them ASAP the guy couldn't find the box due to the move but he was a Shelf collector so they are perfect

price + shipping = 252.93
==================================================================================
Non-serial # Last generation Juliet's​

[URL=http://s845.photobucket.com/user/undeniable1936/media/oakley%20collection/jnons_zps969a1e20.jpg.html]jnons_zps969a1e20.jpg[/URL]

frame = 9/10
lenses = 8/10 a few blemish
nose joints tightness = 6/10 is a bit floppy
arms tightness = 7/10 the left arm is very loose / the right in avg
Rubber = needs nose and maybe rubber gasket where the screw screws in at the frame

Back story on these found them using craigslist meta search Nov-8-2013 late at night from Louisville Ky a guy was selling them because he didn't want to invest the time & $ to bring them back near mint. I was leary of sending money on PP in case I got burned but I decided to gambled but he was up front & honest as you can see from pics they need some work.

price + shipping + pp fees = 87.77
serial # [PI045157]
frame = 10/10
lenses = 9.5/10 1 of the lenses there's a tiny scratch.
nose joints tightness = 10/10
arms tightness = 9/10
Rubber = Perfect

Back story on these found them using Craiglist meta search feb-12-2014 late at night from Albany New York a great woman was selling them I was Leary of sending money on PP in case i got burned & that's alot of $$$ but she was up front & honest as you can see from pics they are excelent.

price + shipping + pp fees = $263.72
X-Metal Romeo 1​

[URL=http://s845.photobucket.com/user/undeniable1936/media/oakley%20collection/romeojpg_zpsd32d664a.jpg.html]romeojpg_zpsd32d664a.jpg[/URL]

serial # [039226]
frame = 9/10
lenses = 7.5/10 original as seen in pics the lenses have a few stress/spider web cracking
nose joints tightness = 8/10
arms tightness = 8/10
Rubber = nose pieces, ear socks are ok / the rubber gaskets need replacement

Back story just bought them march 2 2014 using craigslist metasearch they were in Kansas city. Since if had good luck on PP I SENT $$ . A guy found his old Romeo that he bought back in 1997 & hasn't worn them in about 10 years.The gaskets that hold the frame/lenses he made new ones out of an old bicycle inner tube (kinda janky but it works)

Price + shipping + pp fees = 256.00
As you can see The NightCrawler has been busy with X-metals buying its time to slow it down unless a KILLER deal appears.

25.00 + 252.93 + 87.77 + 263.72 + 256.00 = $885.42
$885.42 as-is current value / investment -- Average cost per My x-metal glasses 177.08

My for plans I need advice from the experts such as
[ The X-Man for tune-up + Then best optics out there I hear are InfiniteHero & Dr Chop do great work I hear ]More advice & Tips from xmetalmaniac + other premium users​

Going with aftermarket lenses is quite frowned upon + I want to be able to see with little strain on my eyes and drive with these + I want stay close to all original myself [OEM} custom cut preferred cant afford oem Oakley factory

Job-1
I was thinking on the Romeos 1 would do a 24k Lens OEM custom cut. So I guess this would be a infinite hero and or doctor chop?
=======================================================================
job-2
Next would be the bigger job the Juliet's with no serial #
I was thinking about getting a X-metal finish and tune up that's The X-Man expertise
Job-3
For the lenses on the Juliet's I was thinking about it x-men Cyclops finish also infinite hero and/or Dr chop for those lenses

Job-4
x-men Cyclops finish for a Mars Crater I definitely want them to stand out because the Mars fit my face so much better
Job-5
As far as rubbers I planned on doing linegear but they are quite expensive but that is the going rate I have no choice but to buckle down on them is there a better place other than line gear for rubbers for Romeos & Juliet's

MY COLLECTION IS NOT FOR-SALE just giving insight on my collection & how being patience pays off if I ever do sell it will reflect FAIR MARKET PRICE just because I got a STEAL means I wont be giving them away NightCrawler has done his due diligence in acquiring my collection

Attachments

• juliets2nd_zps76357efa.jpg
    juliets2nd_zps76357efa.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 199
  • mars_zpsdd7f2d25.jpg
    mars_zpsdd7f2d25.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 195
  • jnons_zps969a1e20.jpg
    jnons_zps969a1e20.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 221
  • penny_zps8ff1021b.jpg
    penny_zps8ff1021b.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 202
  • romeojpg_zpsd32d664a.jpg
    romeojpg_zpsd32d664a.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.....looks like you already did your homework and know who to contact for what you need done. Good luck. :)

:welcome: to the forum!! I can definitely recommend job-2, just got a Juliet and Romeo back from the X Man. Perfection!!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Great to see all the pairs you've picked up, the stories behind them and how much you paid! Looks like you will fit in great here, so enjoy!

P.S If you do decide to buy/sell/trade on the forum please make sure to read our guidelines and post only in the appropriate sections: Exchange Guidelines | Oakley Forum