• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Nosebridge Rivet Removal Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same tool. modified it with a dremel and some sugru.

typyha5a.jpg

I considered sugru. I actually considered it for the silicone "flex coupler" inserts as well. The first one I tuned up for myself has sugru in the nosebridge. I packed it in, inserted the orbital connector and put a toothpick through the rivet hole to make inserting the rivet possible. Once the sugru dried and the rivet was reinstalled it became the a fantastic flex coupler. The only problem is that making that in any type of scale will be difficult until I can make a good mould for it. That's the hold up with the flex couplers.

That mac tool you have is what I based my design off of. What I noticed is that the "pin" screw moved around too much and didn't push the rivet straight enough. That caused the pin to slide off the rivet and could have potentially scuffed/marred the nosebridge surface.

The screw on mine follows very true and straight, shouldn't have issues like that one.

sounds like a fantastic improvement. i found that in my DIY one as well, the wiggle in the pin is not acceptable. are the pins replaceable in case of getting bent? will it have a spare? is that a possibility as an optional extra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back