• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Or Titanium?

Btw, if you decide on the Titanium, would you consider selling the Gold Iridium lenses (if they come with)? Just kidding :laugh:...no seriously :tongue:!

lol yeah gold lenses isn't to my taste so if i do end up with them we can work something out, but as i said above think its a frame only deal

Haha, thanks! I forgot that it was a frame replacement only, but I appreciate your consideration if you do happen to get lucky with the lenses. Mahalo!

you'd think so wouldn't you but why would they distingush between X-Metal and Ducati X-Metal if its not serialised?
I'll ask when i phone back tomorrow, current line of thinking is go with the ducati if its serialised or if not titanium

The red earsocks
All ducati juliet frame are already assemble with red earsocks but like i told before there's 2 ducati juliet frame one carbon and the other is x-metal,i doubt they still have the x-metal ducati frame on hand more likely the carbon ducati but the good news it come with red earsocks

So in the end i went with the Ducati, got it back a couple of weeks ago but i've been crazy busy and not been home in daylight hours to do photos.

8174690509_e55fbe91e9_z.jpg
XMetal Ducati by Silent Oz, on Flickr

8174691143_cd0385d96f_z.jpg
Serial by Silent Oz, on Flickr

Came in a Ducati microbag which was a pleasant bonus, not sure what the deal with the serial number is though, if anyone can shed some light on that?
Only have a camera phone so sorry for pic quality, incase you cant make it out the serial is 55 O 21

The lenses are black iridium polarized from the original frame i sent them

Congrats on getting your new frame! The "55 O 21" are the eye size and nose bridge measurements, they are not serials. I could be mistaken, but it looks like they just sent you a newer x-metal frame (non-serialized) with Ducati rubbers. A true Ducati frame would've came with "DUCATIxxxxxx" stamped on the inside left ear stem. Still cool that you got a Ducati bag, red rubbers and a new frame, congrats again!

Back