• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Or Titanium?

That's awesome except now I am pissed at Oakley... The lied to me and told me they had no more red rubbers for my Ducati XS... Bastards!

Different rubbers on the Juliets and XS. Rubbers probably already on the frame too but you are likely right about them!

That's awesome except now I am pissed at Oakley... The lied to me and told me they had no more red rubbers for my Ducati XS... Bastards!

A while ago i tried to get a spare set of red rubbers for my carbon ducati, they ended up sending me Romeo 1 earsocks!

good thing you didnt go with the "titanium". they only have newer stock lately (final run models with only measurements etched in the frame like yours) and the 'titanium' is actually just plasma.

That was a lucky escape then, wouldn't have wanted a plasma!

A while ago i tried to get a spare set of red rubbers for my carbon ducati, they ended up sending me Romeo 1 earsocks!

So you got OEM Jordan Red rubbers for an R1? Were they smoothies...without any markings (CE, Made In USA)? If so, nice score on Oakley's mistake.

A true Ducati frame would've came with "DUCATIxxxxxx" stamped on the inside left ear stem. Still cool that you got a Ducati bag, red rubbers and a new frame, congrats again!

I have the Ducati and mine did not have a serial. The lens also said Ducati on it. I don't think all of them came with serials.

Stupid me, I wore mine at a shooting range and one of the casings hit my lens, the one with the Ducati stamp on it. It now has a deep scratch on it and have to get the lens replaced.

I have the Ducati and mine did not have a serial. The lens also said Ducati on it. I don't think all of them came with serials.

Stupid me, I wore mine at a shooting range and one of the casings hit my lens, the one with the Ducati stamp on it. It now has a deep scratch on it and have to get the lens replaced.

thats a later run ducati frame, but your frame would not have the frame size stamping on it since it was before the final run juliets. it would be a blank frame.

the frame size stamping was only on final-run juliets in the new box with the new coin.

correct me if im wrong?

Back