• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Pictures

I just dont know if there is something I should be looking for when i see them in person to tell me if they are real?

You getting all of them?? SaWeet!! Looks like you have 3 Juliets, 1 Penny and 1 24k. Nice find!

Actually you have:
3 Juliets ( They appear to be Xmetal frame color)
1 X Metal 24k XX (Twenty)
1 Romeo 1 (missing nose bomb)

I would say based on the pics they appaer authentic. Any chance you can share what they are asking?

You do know you have a small treasure here, they are worth something. If you can buy them DO IT..... DO IT NOW!!!!

They look authentic to me too. When you see them in person, you can tell by the weight of them and if they have the T6 screws on the orbitals and gaskets in between the connections.

And weren't you selling your display cases so you could pay for a wedding or honeymoon? So much for saving money :laugh:

But if you pick those up, it'd be a great start to an X-Metal collection.

They look authentic from the pictures. 3 Juliets, a Xmetal XX and a Romeo are sweeeet! Sweeeter if it's a deal price! Goodluck!

I just dont know if there is something I should be looking for when i see them in person to tell me if they are real?

That is a hard question to explain, as if you are not familiar with them you could have a problem understanding terminology. If not I will give you my best.

The torx screws that hold in the ear stems to the frame should be countersunk and not be sticking up above the frame (unless it really loose) When they are tightened they should not exceed past the bottom of the frame either.

The nosebridge rivits should be smooth on the inside. they should not be screws here.

The XX twenty along with the juliets may or may not have a laser/etched serial number of the left earstem where it screws in near the lens orbital (its not under the rubber earsock)

Based on the photo of the Romeo 1 it looks authentic... The serial number is in the correct place inside the nosebridge. The nose pad metal is consistent.

Depending on the lens conditions, the romeo 1 and the XX are Twenty are 1st class winners and hold their value. The juliet with the blue lenses maybe a winner depending whether those lenses are "Ice iridium" or "Blue iridium" hard to tell from the pics... Blue iridium is rare and old...

Back