• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Price Projection

T Ride

Oakley Beginner
Although not in the market for X-Metals at the moment, I do know I will be considering them soon. Since they are discontinued I am kind of concerned that the price of most specifically Juliets will spike. Does anyone think the price of Juliets will spike in a period of maybe two years or will I be fine with waiting a little while to make my decision.

Although not in the market for X-Metals at the moment, I do know I will be considering them soon. Since they are discontinued I am kind of concerned that the price of most specifically Juliets will spike. Does anyone think the price of Juliets will spike in a period of maybe two years or will I be fine with waiting a little while to make my decision.

It depends which Juliets you look for I think. Prices have gone up a bit in the last year but Juliets were the most mass produced.

as demand increases and a finite supply exists, the price should go up. by how much is anyones guess, if we go into a recession, the number of people who would shell out $3-500 for sunglasses will probably decrease and not necessarily drive the price down but keep it reasonable while people lick the wounds on their beat-up 401k accounts.

Prices goes up and down. I believe in the future all x metals will be stagnant i also believe in the future maybe 2to3 years they will go down as popularity will decline lets be factual here the only people who collects them are the old timers who known them since its release and a lot of us so called collectors already have a pair it just goes around from collector to a collector even in ebay i believe the most who buys or sells there are members of this forum am i right? So i believe it will go down a bit.

It's hard to say honestly. pjd1234 makes awesome points. But another point is that in 2 to 3 years you're even further away in time from when they were done being produced. How many pairs drop off the face of the earth each day. While the Juliets were mass produced, they're still being lost, breaking, being shoved in a drawer to never be seen again. If they do retain popularity, which they most likely will, in 2 years you'll definitely have less available than are today. Just an example of price difference.... 6-7 months ago I got five pairs of Juliets not bnib, but good condition for sub 200 on ebay. Today, good luck finding a pair for sub 250....even possibly sub 300. Luckily the forum is reasonable, but supply and demand is driving ebay up quickly.

@Hando got your point bro, but look at it this way will a non collector shed 400 bucks or higher on an xmetal or in a pair of x metal shades except half x of coarse I believe the most answer is no. believe it or not only a collector would shed that amount on a pair of shades. how many collectors are out there only a few and most or I say all are members of this forum and most has a pair already so increasing the prices is I think irrelevant especially if you want to sell your piece quickly.

New to x metals, I'm just curious why half x's will stay high in price, is it just the look of them?

Back