• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Price Projection

LNIB TiO2 Juliets already going for a touch under $600 on eBay UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oakley-JU...8?pt=UK_Sunglasses_Adults&hash=item5409c80cee

Or £355. Maybe £100 more than I expected but prices outside the US are already pretty strong in some cases. So I wouldn't leave it too long to dip your toes in the x-metal ocean.

Every now and again we see a Juliet dip under the £100 mark but it's getting rarer and rarer.

That's a fair price for those. IMO. You will rarely see that combo, and the box did look real nice.

I actually have more too, I'm just trying not to blow my wad at once ya know. I mean, once people see me moving into my bayside house driving my Bugati, people will want favors and what not. I need backup scratch just in case I want to buy my own spaceship or something.

just in case I want to buy my own spaceship

I don't know, I finally saw Gravity last night on the flight back from Toronto... the whole "owning a spaceship" thing is suddenly a lot less appealing...

Unless maybe if it came with a younger, hotter version of Sandra Bullock (or any of the several dozen or so hot actresses I'd rather die on a spaceship with before her; Clooney can go pound bricks...)

@Hando its on kronin he has 9 pairs :focus-97:

BTW, I enjoy my collection but I consider it still quite humble... there was a recent post from somebody (I don't remember who) who was only one Brazil-only release from having all 70 original Juliet colorways (if I remember the # correctly...) I've been expanding to other x-metals and non-x-metal Oaks because I wear all mine, mostly customized, and my Juliets cover a pretty complete functional spread, regarding light conditions and avoiding too much overlap. I'm sure I'll add to my Juliets at some point but right now I'm focused on examples of the other x-metal frames (despite the current premium pricing and potential loss of value, long-term) along with some non-x-metal frames for practical purposes... (totaling 13, of which 11 are x-metals, in my hands today, but 15, of which 12 are x-metals, purchased come Monday).

I don't know what all Hando has but I know his collection is broader (i.e. more frame styles). And there's the cool story about the (presumably) battle-used IH Juliets and how he got them; I have nothing that compares with that...

But thanks for the shout-out...:cool-33:

Still, if Hando ends up being right on long-term value, then, to quote Chappelle, "I'M RICH, B!TCH!"...

And so are a lot of us...

Heh, I'll take a picture of my collection sometime. I think I'm at 9 Juliets myself. I don't care to have every colorway in every style. I just want different colors to match different outfits. I'd really like to have just one of each colorway of the XX's, and only need the Plasma to do that.

Heh, I'll take a picture of my collection sometime. I think I'm at 9 Juliets myself. I don't care to have every colorway in every style. I just want different colors to match different outfits. I'd really like to have just one of each colorway of the XX's, and only need the Plasma to do that.

I saw your "current value" thread but didn't chime in because I have neither Penny nor XX... But I'd say go for the plasma XX. They seem the rarest of XX, they complete a section of your collection (despite lack of box), and it seems to me like I see copper Pennies for sale more often...

If two Juliets will eventually get you a mansion and a Bugatti, what would two XXs eventually get you? (we can always dream...)

I saw your "current value" thread but didn't chime in because I have neither Penny nor XX... But I'd say go for the plasma XX. They seem the rarest of XX, they complete a section of your collection (despite lack of box), and it seems to me like I see copper Pennies for sale more often...

If two Juliets will eventually get you a mansion and a Bugatti, what would two XXs eventually get you? (we can always dream...)

Jessica Alba

Back