• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Repair By Mark2112

jcesl2

I should Work at Oakley
Virginia
Some of you probably read the previous thread, but as an overview:

Bought a pair of X-metal XX on ebay, they were scratched up and loose when I got them. The loosest pair of X-metals I have ever seen. With the ear stems fully extended, they could touch. If you tried to put them on, you would think they would fall apart.

Mark2112 offered to fix them for me. Wow. It's hard to believe they are the same pair. Tight as new. Better than an Oakley tune-up. I will definitely be going to him for any future tightening.

He also refinished the frame for me. Slightly darker than normal X-metal finish, and not as smooth. I like it, and now have something unique for my case. If you are looking for a completely factory look, this finish isn't it. But it would cover up scratches anyway.

If you need a nose-bridge tightened, I highly recommend mark2112.

If you want a custom finish, or cover up scratches on a frame, I recommend him as well.

He posted some pictures last week, I'm on vacation right now so I can't post any till next week.

thank you for the generous post,the finish you have can be lightend up too with a different media.i did a brand new polished pair of my juliets that i didnt like and they turned out awsome,i took them to the vault and compared the finish with a new set and they are spot on.

thank you for the generous post,the finish you have can be lightend up too with a different media.i did a brand new polished pair of my juliets i didnt like and they are awsome,i took them to the vault and compared the finish with a new set and they are spot on.

I cant afford it right now but for future reference how much would you charge to refinish a Juliet frame mark2112?

just to refinish 30.00,and i guarentee if you dont like the finish you pay nothing.you gotta be honest though.ill try to post some decent pics of my juliets finish and you decide if its exactly what you want.

The service is definitely interesting; though with prices so high on some of these glasses, I'm interested in seeing and hearing more from people who've had it done.

30.00 just to refinish,ill dissassemble bead blast and reassemble,do not send rubber or lenses.you pay return shipping.ill do the refinish and bridge for 80.00 or just bridge for 50.00.

briP,
SURE, I CAN DO THAT,ILL DO IT IN 1 DAY TOO!!! The only thing i wont do is polish.

Back