• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Repair By Mark2112

these are my juliets that i media blasted with an aluminum oxide,these originally were polished.if they get dinged or scratched i just do it again.everybody that sees them just loves the color. i cannot tell the difference between this finish and some of the other juliets at my local vault.

that is actually near dead on to the last generation of Xmetal frames. im impressed. i may have some pairs to send to you later on.. waht media do you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
The last generation is slightly lighter and with a different texture compared to first gen, which he is comparing it to with the romeo, but it is nowhere near that light.

24-125 Juliet over a first gen Mars
IMG_0897.jpg

The last generation is slightly lighter and with a different texture compared to first gen, which he is comparing it to with the romeo, but it is nowhere near that light.

24-125 Juliet over a first gen Mars
IMG_0897.jpg

the one that jcesl2 posted comparing the finish to the romeo is NOT the attempt that was close to Xmetal, and not the photo i was referring to (see which post i have quoted). If you read on, he further refined it, and the photos posted by mark2112 (that have no comparison shots) are closer to Xmetal. The appearance of the Xmetal colorway is very subject to lighting so that may have influenced your judgement.

the one that jcesl2 posted comparing the finish to the romeo is NOT the attempt that was close to Xmetal, and not the photo i was referring to (see which post i have quoted). If you read on, he further refined it, and the photos posted by mark2112 (that have no comparison shots) are closer to Xmetal. The appearance of the Xmetal colorway is very subject to lighting so that may have influenced your judgement.

I'm confused, I've got an early X-metal frame, is it likely to come out roughly the same or lighter?

In my opinion, X-Metal newbie, whatever the finish looks like it's much better than a scratched frame.
Would be great to have a frame and used media list.
So everybody could check out if someone in his area can do that.

In my opinion, X-Metal newbie, whatever the finish looks like it's much better than a scratched frame.

This is what I think. It looks a whole lot better than it did before.

Brip- I'll try and get a better picture (with a better camera) later today. Thanks.

Back