• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Repair By Mark2112

There might be some generation that is lighter than the ones I have, but none of mine are that light under any lighting conditions. I think we should try to take these pics under direct sunlight, that way we can elinimate as many variables as possible.

I tried that as well along with doing it in a light box, and could not get shots that light. Also while with more light I could get them lighter, the color was still quite similar from one gen to the next, the major difference being texture.

That said I think the media he is using could ge giving too uniform a surface. The more uniform a surface is the more light it will reflect. So under low light conditions these may appear too dark, and under intense light they may appear too light.

That said I think the media he is using could ge giving too uniform a surface. The more uniform a surface is the more light it will reflect. So under low light conditions these may appear too dark, and under intense light they may appear too light.

That could totally be it too.

ok guys,
these are the 2 finishes i can offer.the darker early x-metal or the later lighter finish.i can try over time to tumble and work with plasma finishes but for now if you want an unusable scratched up dirty lookin pair to look new again,ill do it for 30.00 each. you can send them to me without lenses or rubber and a note in the box with your name and adress tell me what finish you want to achieve and ill do what i can,either way they it will be much better than they were.besides i want to go slow with this to keep everyone happy.if your not happy send them back and well start to play with colors and finishes,if i cant do it i wont touch them and send em back to you.

One more question:
What does the SN look like after your treatment?

heres another one i thought of doing today,dark bridge and earstems,with a lighter finish on the orbs.that would look cool too.there are annodizers out in my area that can annodize titanium in 10 different colors,the problem is ....i need 10 lbs to get a quote and that my friends wont be cheap.

heres another one i thought of doing today,dark bridge and earstems,with a lighter finish on the orbs.that would look cool too.there are annodizers out in my area that can annodize titanium in 10 different colors,the problem is ....i need 10 lbs to get a quote and that my friends wont be cheap.

Can you give us a price range?

i found rivits today....exact replacements.and guess what i found out........they supply oakley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats all i got to say about that.

Wow, you've really got something going there! I see this tune up business growing if the price is right. Keep us posted.

Back