• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Repair By Mark2112

heres another one i thought of doing today,dark bridge and earstems,with a lighter finish on the orbs.that would look cool too.there are annodizers out in my area that can annodize titanium in 10 different colors,the problem is ....i need 10 lbs to get a quote and that my friends wont be cheap.

that in essence is a tio2 colorway. but if you can make both the light AND the dark finish matte raw material from blasting, i would be very interested. essentially it will be a tio2 without the problems of dealing with plasma..!

as soon as i get them ill post photos of what they look like,ill probibly order next week so in a couple weeks ill try these out and see how they work out.im repairing a set of copper pennys now that ill have to use my handmade rivits on.

You can do it without new rivet but if you have even taken a well used pair apart there is obvious wear on the rivets. Also if you. Try to reuse the rivet on the front of the nose bridge the rivet does not contact and hold as well because you do take off some material when they are being pushed out. The head of the rivet is slightly larger than the hole in the nose bridge

I'm brand new to the forum. I've had a pair of Oakley Penny's laying around collecting dust for years, the bridge is so loose they are unwearable. I started doing an Internet search regarding getting them repaired and discovered Oakley no longer does tune-ups on the Penny's. But thanks to the forum I discovered the work Mark2112 is doing and I'm sending mine to him this week! I'm looking forward to wearing them again, thanks to all the guys on here, this is a great resource!

Mark currently has 3 of my pairs. Gotta say... I've already received 2 phone calls about the finishing. This guy is on the ball. Asking questions and making me very aware of what going to be done. Very impressed so far! Looking forward to the finished product! Here's the pairs before finishing.

anaruju6.jpg

Back