• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Repairs

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Do you have a pair of x-matals laying around with loose flex couplers,or beat up finish you want to rejuvinate?
Contact me if you do. Ive done many pairs already and have had outstanding reveiws on my work.i use medical grade silicone instead of the "unobtanium" that melts away with age, also during the rebuild im using stainless steel rivits that look oem and tighten up better than new .my turnaround time on most projects is 2 days and at $50.00 is still cheaper than oakley.if you have pennys oakley wont even honor the repair at all so give me a shot at those .i can as of now refinish in 2 finishes early and late xmetal and am working on the plasma finish which should be going very soon.

Some people reacted to this post.
Are you going to duplicate the plasma finish and rejuvenate it???

thats the plan,if there are dings in the metal i have to polish those out first then tumble in my own secret blend of herbs and spices.i use a ground corn cob media thats commonly used for reloaders to polish their brass.

I may just have your first project. Let me know and I will send it....

I'll be sending my TiO2 XX to fix the Plasma orbitals as well if this works!

Username Hidden said:
I'll be sending my TiO2 XX to fix the Plasma orbitals as well if this works!

Kindly wait your turn!!!! There's enough to go around....

Username Hidden said:
Kindly wait your turn!!!! There's enough to go around....
Fine, YOU be the guinea pig. LOL

IMAG0434_zpse226fd84.jpg
IMG_0001_zpsf8cbbfd4.jpg

this is a plasma....and this is the media.i probibly shouldnt be giving out the details .And no i dont tumble with the lenses in them,youd be suprised how many people ask me that.

Username Hidden said:
And no i dont tumble with the lenses in them,youd be suprised how many people ask me that.
LOL

What about the rubber sets? :p

Is that frame the finished product?

Back