• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Rivet Removal Tool. Where To Find One?

They experimented and decided to refer to the x-man...
Makes sense. They also have a Japanese guy they recommend but who I haven't contacted yet. Still, the idea of being able to do-it-myself is appealing... Anyone have success 'going alone' for their XMetal Tune-ups? Care to share?

um........I cant count now how many pairs I've had in this year alone with linegears nosebridge now rubber available that had smashed bridges and rolled over pins. Once you've compromised the diameter of that nose bridge hole...your frames are done. This isn't any attempt at a sales pitch,Im just saying. If you want to save a buck or want to tinker that's your right,but im sure ill see some of you posting on the exchange for a nosebridge in the future.

The experiment with watchband link pin remover was successful, but it was hard to do. My opinion, this tool is not for this kind of work. Only for experienced users. I had to do everything very carefully. I made a new push rod (a larger diameter) . New pins and rubber parts from X-Man)
17342996445_45fbb43001_c_d.jpg

17155657068_e1a0e0f151_c_d.jpg

The experiment with watchband link pin remover was successful, but it was hard to do. My opinion, this tool is not for this kind of work. Only for experienced users. I had to do everything very carefully. I made a new push rod (a larger diameter) . New pins and rubber parts from X-Man)
17342996445_45fbb43001_c_d.jpg

17155657068_e1a0e0f151_c_d.jpg

P.S.
Nosebridge now tight like new, without any scuffs.
Tool after work - I had to grind corners with file/rasp for a better fit of nosebridge, and I broke off the screw head (too much pressure, head just glued to the screw) + new rod (factory one is too thin and bend).
16729652904_29c7ee96c3_b_d.jpg

I think, "press action" tool will be better than "screw action" tool. With concave rod tip for removing pin / flat rod tip for put the pin back (something like on the picture below).
17352144945_5e406331a3_b_d.jpg

Does anyone have a lead on where I can order a tool that I can use to take apart nose bridge on the Juliet?? I've read the whole post here but couldn't see any links on where people were getting the tool from?

Also is it better to replace the rivets or pins each time they are removed? Thanks much!

Does anyone have a lead on where I can order a tool that I can use to take apart nose bridge on the Juliet?? I've read the whole post here but couldn't see any links on where people were getting the tool from?

Also is it better to replace the rivets or pins each time they are removed? Thanks much!
How to replace flex coupler & pin - LINEGEAR

linegear sell the tool but be warned - it is a black art to do it successfully....

if you are us based best send them to the x-man. Services - The X-MAN Custom Metalworks

Chain breaker on Amazon works great. Or if you are local to the Oakley HQ in Foothill Ranch California its free tune up and replacement of all gaskets and rubber for free.

Chain breaker on Amazon works great. Or if you are local to the Oakley HQ in Foothill Ranch California its free tune up and replacement of all gaskets and rubber for free.

Which one on Amazon do you recommend? There are several..

First of all my take on this is that we are individuals that congregate on the internet over a forum with the same hobby or interest of Oakley sunglasses. Unfortunately not everyone is here for the same purpose and I for one has been scammed by people whom I've known and befriended over forum a few times. It made it hard for anyone to trust anybody over the internet. Alot of your problem would be solved if you could just walk in the Oakley HQ one pair at a time which they will offer you tune up and replacement of all the rubber parts for free of charge. That is if you live locally in the Southern California. Oakley is just blocks down the street where my rental property is. I also have friends working there which $64.99 tune up are foreign to me. If it was years ago, I would jump the gun and offer to help my forum friends to bring their shades in for warranty service. Today, I am not quite sure if good deeds goes unpunished.

Back