• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Rubber Parts Greasy?

actually you can fix that by boiling them in hot water for about 10minutes. sometimes you need to do it more than once but that usually brings it back.

I'm kinda right! I said hot water, when its boiling water. Ken fail.

Hey everybody,

I am new to this forum, since I just started to look for a new pair of X-Metals. With shock and awe I now realized, that the line will be discontinued. :(

I own a 1999 1st gen X-Metal XX TiO2 which started to show patchy spots that looked like dirt at first. It got worse and worse and I decided to polish the frame. While that might have destroyed any collectors value (plasma finish is now polished) at least they look decent again.

Also, are there any dealers out there who still sell Oakley Romeo 2.0?
i would take discolored gen1 plasma over polished any day of the week.. imo that wa a bad move polishing them. for me what made the gen1 tio2 so desireable was the matte finish plasma against the xmetal, contrasting with the polished nose rivets.

i have a bunch of romeo2's you can pm me about

Hey everybody,

I am new to this forum, since I just started to look for a new pair of X-Metals. With shock and awe I now realized, that the line will be discontinued. :(

I own a 1999 1st gen X-Metal XX TiO2 which started to show patchy spots that looked like dirt at first. It got worse and worse and I decided to polish the frame. While that might have destroyed any collectors value (plasma finish is now polished) at least they look decent again.

Thank God I bought a few replacement rubber parts when they were still available for a few bucks. However, the ones that I have been keeping in the box started to get all greasy. It looks like the unobtanium is showing some sort of wear even though they have never been touched. Do you guys have the same problem? If so, what do you do against it? I want to keep them in mint condition as as long as possible.

Also, are there any dealers out there who still sell Oakley Romeo 2.0?

Hope you guys can help me :)

I had the same problem with my Ti02 when I bought it off a forum member, however I was able to have it restored without an issue......PM me for details..

Thanks for all the interesting tips! I have never heard of the boiling option.. I'll try that with the really bad pair I have! :)

Latest Posts

Back