• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal / Ruby Juliets - Speculation

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
So we all may know that Cyclops' modded Juliets in the first X-men movie was the initial draw that brought a lot of people into the world of x-metal love...

And LNIB x-metal / Ruby Juliets tend to command a higher price on average...

And many profess that the colorway is their favorite (for example, in the 10,000th member thread)...

So here's the question - if they hadn't appeared in that movie, would they still be that popular a colorway?

Or what if Cyclops had actually been Spock's lovechild and he instead shot green lasers from his eyes and they made that movie with x-metal / Jade, would that be THE colorway instead?

I guess I'm just wondering how much of the colorway's popularity is due to the movie and sentimentality vs. the pure aesthetics of the combo, cultural influences notwithstanding...

There's no right or wrong answer here, just a chance for people to share their opinions, speculations, and humor...

And we'll throw in a bonus sub-topic:
- if you could choose what color Cyclops' blasts were (that happens to correspond to an Oak lens color), which color would you choose? And who's his Daddy?

I was under the impression that the red ruby was popular more due to its limited release. I suppose it would not have been that popular if the red ruby was purchasable to this day like BI and if Oakley didnt change it to fruby. As far as colorway goes, I like the red/ruby current setup.

So we all may know that Cyclops' modded Juliets in the first X-men movie was the initial draw that brought a lot of people into the world of x-metal love...

And LNIB x-metal / Ruby Juliets tend to command a higher price on average...

And many profess that the colorway is their favorite (for example, in the 10,000th member thread)...

So here's the question - if they hadn't appeared in that movie, would they still be that popular a colorway?

Or what if Cyclops had actually been Spock's lovechild and he instead shot green lasers from his eyes and they made that movie with x-metal / Jade, would that be THE colorway instead?

I guess I'm just wondering how much of the colorway's popularity is due to the movie and sentimentality vs. the pure aesthetics of the combo, cultural influences notwithstanding...

There's no right or wrong answer here, just a chance for people to share their opinions, speculations, and humor...

And we'll throw in a bonus sub-topic:
- if you could choose what color Cyclops' blasts were (that happens to correspond to an Oak lens color), which color would you choose? And who's his Daddy?
We all know Wolverine is secretly his daddy. :p

As much as I am weary of the words, it's as much Blackhawk Down as it is X Men IMHO. Without either it would still be a popular one.
And to cost, keep in mind that XM/ Ruby was the highest priced color way at the time of the first releases. $80 higher were the pennies IIRC. it's just so much trouble to go the the other tab on my browser thats already on o-review...

if you could choose what color Cyclops' blasts were (that happens to correspond to an Oak lens color), which color would you choose? And who's his Daddy?

I say 'white hot' Fire - like OG Fire polars with a dash of mad science :grin: It represents the rays of the sun, light, bright, and accents his costume at the same time [when he had one, eventually]... Perhaps a brighter Fire that almost gets white hot around the edge of the lenses - like a gradient - that might be cool :cool-20:

Plus they are badass in X-Metal!
Maybe even an extra dark X-Metal finish... they could have called it 'The X-Metal Blast' frame!

Regarding X-Men cyclops sunnies, I swear in X2 Cyclops looks like he was wearing two colorways: XM and Ti frames.

xmetal
2ng4crc.png

Ti
1f8f9d.png

Latest Posts

Back