• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Shox

Tripax

Oakley Beginner
Hi

This is probably a dumb question.. But .. How does the shox size 15, 25 etc affect the the sizing of the frame???

Thanks kronin

So it's safe to say that the bigger sized the shox, the tighter the frame is?

Are most x metals attached with a 15 when they all first were selling?

Size 25 are thicker, so the earstems won't open as far and you get a tighter fit on narrower heards. It's a tiny difference but a meaningful one.

That's what she said.

T-Shox are like gold...take special care of them.

Oakley will only pull from their stock of temple shocks when you pay for a full service on a frame. You would want to strip the frame naked of all parts to stash away....

You can find aftermarket like Wallela and Linegear.

I specifically need 15's or they're too tight, which causes unneeded stress on the flex coupler. I ordered a pair of Wallela's where come in size "1" and "2". They both fit like a "25", needless to say they are tossed in the parts bin.

Last edited:
Since its inception there is also another post where certain models of unobtainium will work for other frames. Juliet shox which are the same for Mars,Romeo 1, XX Xmetal, will work on the XS if you want to use them. The XS shox is hollow, it was designed that way because the XS stems are thin thus allowing more flex at the shox then on the temple.

View attachment 127267

View attachment 127268

So, are the only t-shox in OEM sizes 15, 25, 50, and 75? I mean are there any smaller ones?

I know the shox from other metals will fit in the XS, but they stick out a little on the inner part of the frame. Nothing crazy, but just curious as to what OEM sizes were available for the XS since it's a hollow design.

The reason I ask, is because of the way my head is misshaped, I've found that I have to use two different size shox in my frames. Amazingly this makes them fit perfect.

Back