• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Size comparison: Penny, Juliet, XMXX, XS, R1

Exactly! Check out the photo in this Exchange thread: to me, the x-metal Juliet on top of the two-tier stand looks bigger than the XX below it:
For Sale - XX, Juliet, PB1, Lenses | Oakley Forum

Which brings up the question: what "tells" can identify a frame as a Juliet or an XX in a photo?
Sellers of these frames usually take photos from odd angles in order to showcase the Iridium lenses, which results in the size and shape of the orbitals being distorted by foreshortening. On sites like eBay and Craigslist, I'm reluctant to trust Sellers to know for certain whether their frame is a Juliet or an XX, but I have a hard time differentiating the two.
So far, I've only found one "tell" that seems to be easier to spot in photos than differences in orbital size & shape: in Juliets, the lower "legs" of the "X"-shaped nosebridge look longer than the upper "legs" ("arms"?), but in XXs the nosebridge looks symmetrical.
Does anybody know of any other ways to identify Juliets and XXs from photos?
The frames look so different "in person" that I'm surprised at how difficult it is for me to tell them apart online.
From a frontal view on a flat surface, if the orbital joints touch, it is a juliet. If they do not touch it is an XX.

From largest to smallest
Screenshot_2015-09-11-10-34-24-1.png

Screenshot_2015-09-11-10-34-33-1.png

That's one of the best comparison shots I've seen, I've seen a few comp shots of the Juliet & XX but they always look kinda similar, this is the first time I actually though damn they're big!

The saddest thing is I still think the Penny has the nicest shape/ design of all the xmetals, but have finally admitted defeat that they are too small... If only they made a Penny XX :(

That's one of the best comparison shots I've seen, I've seen a few comp shots of the Juliet & XX but they always look kinda similar, this is the first time I actually though damn they're big!

The saddest thing is I still think the Penny has the nicest shape/ design of all the xmetals, but have finally admitted defeat that they are too small... If only they made a Penny XX :(
Penny XX would have been off the chain!

Thanks bro. Updated. Much better comparison pics. I have no camera skills, and all my pics are from my cell phone. Lol.
Lol, no problem bro.. I wouldn't even have thought of taking the pics if you didn't start this thread. I know I was looking for comparison pics before I got all the metals I have.. I'm sure this thread will help a lot of people. Great idea bro. @supersharp