• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Size comparison: Penny, Juliet, XMXX, XS, R1

Lol, no problem bro.. I wouldn't even have thought of taking the pics if you didn't start this thread. I know I was looking for comparison pics before I got all the metals I have.. I'm sure this thread will help a lot of people. Great idea bro. @supersharp

Same here. It's hard to put it in perspective if you've never owned the frames. pics don't do these frames justice. You really just have to own it to know what it's really like. Def hope your pics can help someone in the future in our shoes. I was really a newbie when I posted. Still am in a lot of respects, but we all learn as we go. I gotta bust out the frames and do a re-shoot to see if I can put up some better pics. Kinda glad this one got revived. Gives me a chance to upgrade the pics.

View attachment 140280 View attachment 140281 View attachment 140282 Just thought I'd post a few size comparison photos. Maybe helpful to some.

Penny is titanium, Juliet is carbon, XX is X metal (colorway).

View attachment 163002

View attachment 185546
Romeo 1, XMXX, Juliet. (Pic courtesy of @Dnkeyhnter)

View attachment 185547
XMXX, Juliet, Penny (Pic courtesy of @Dnkeyhnter )

Much better comparison pic by Dnkeyhnter

A couple of new photos taking some direction from dnkeyhnter

View attachment 181507
XMXX and Juliet

View attachment 181508
Juliet and Penny

View attachment 181509
For good measure XMXX and XS
OK, so not to kick up an old thread but are you saying the XX are larger than the XS? And if so in what way? Lenses, frame width, etc.

Thanks for these pics...

Had a Penny on my mind for the last several months, but the gut feeling was that it was too small...

So for my last and final XMetal in my collection, I bought another XX...

These pictures make me feel better on my decision :)

OK, so not to kick up an old thread but are you saying the XX are larger than the XS? And if so in what way? Lenses, frame width, etc.

Don't think I ever said that, but I can post up some pics later for size comparison. I think they are actually pretty similar in size height and widthwise. Of course XS has a little more coverage since it's edges are squared and not rounded.

Let me know if anyone wants to see any specific size match ups.

Don't think I ever said that, but I can post up some pics later for size comparison. I think they are actually pretty similar in size height and widthwise. Of course XS has a little more coverage since it's edges are squared and not rounded.

Let me know if anyone wants to see any specific size match ups.
I have a big melon so I always thought the XS was best for me. I've never tried the R1 or XX on so was wondering about eye coverage and melon squeeze ;)

I have a big melon so I always thought the XS was best for me. I've never tried the R1 or XX on so was wondering about eye coverage and melon squeeze ;)

R1 is the largest frame for sure. Big Melon approved by @QLR1. XS and XX are probably the next biggest. Given the fact that you can change out the temple shox to accommodate different sizes and shapes of skulls, it would just be a matter of preference as to how tight you want them to fit. Only difference with XS is that the earstems are a little shorter than eithe of the others and some do not like where they sit/squeeze.