1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Glocker71

Glocker71 Oakley Beginner

Can anyone tell me which of the x-metals are closest in size to straight jackets. Been looking at a few pairs of juliets online but not sure how they would fit my face. Straight jackets are about perfect.

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Which generation of Straight Jackets? 1 and 3 are bigger than 2.

3. Glocker71

Current ones... just picked them up maybe two months ago.

4. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

XS is probably the closest in terms of sizing, but may not be so for shape. Otherwise Juliet is your next bet.

Current Straight Jacket sizes in mm are 60/18/138 (eye width/nose/arms)
    XS is 58/20/135
    Juliets IIRC is 56/15 EDIT: 55/21/150

Last edited: 7/20/15
  5. Glocker71

Thanks, I've been looking for a pair of juliets, but havent pulled the trigger yet... tough to put out that type of coin when you cant try them on in person. Straight jackets are probably the closest in shape that I have. Any suggestions on a current production model that may be similar in size/shape to the juliets? 15 minutes from a vault.

I'll have to google the XS line.

6. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

on top of my head, I think the overall shape/size of Juliet is very similar to either Flak Jacket or Quarter Jacket. You lose a bit more peripheral vision than those jackets because of the x-metal frame around the lens. I can take some pics later when I get home

7. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Provided you don't overpay, you can move a pair of Juliets on without loss pretty easily if you find they don't fit. Worth a go.

illumination and kronin323 like this.
  8. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Juliet or X-Metal XX is probably closest in shape to the new SJ. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it, but I could be wrong. Some people just don't care for the Metals. Juliet's are plentiful, and can be had for a decent price. As was stated earlier, if u decide u don't like they can be easily sold or traded for something else.

9. Glocker71

Appreciate all the input. Looks like I'll probably just go with the Juliets... Now I just need to move the Badmans I never wear.

Thanks all.