• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal size

Glocker71

Oakley Beginner
Can anyone tell me which of the x-metals are closest in size to straight jackets. Been looking at a few pairs of juliets online but not sure how they would fit my face. Straight jackets are about perfect.

Thanks

XS is probably the closest in terms of sizing, but may not be so for shape. Otherwise Juliet is your next bet.

Current Straight Jacket sizes in mm are 60/18/138 (eye width/nose/arms)
XS is 58/20/135
Juliets IIRC is 56/15 EDIT: 55/21/150

Last edited:
Thanks, I've been looking for a pair of juliets, but havent pulled the trigger yet... tough to put out that type of coin when you cant try them on in person. Straight jackets are probably the closest in shape that I have. Any suggestions on a current production model that may be similar in size/shape to the juliets? 15 minutes from a vault.

I'll have to google the XS line.

on top of my head, I think the overall shape/size of Juliet is very similar to either Flak Jacket or Quarter Jacket. You lose a bit more peripheral vision than those jackets because of the x-metal frame around the lens. I can take some pics later when I get home

Juliet or X-Metal XX is probably closest in shape to the new SJ. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it, but I could be wrong. Some people just don't care for the Metals. Juliet's are plentiful, and can be had for a decent price. As was stated earlier, if u decide u don't like they can be easily sold or traded for something else.

Appreciate all the input. Looks like I'll probably just go with the Juliets... Now I just need to move the Badmans I never wear.

Thanks all.

Latest Posts

Back