• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Soft Vault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low HM

Oakley Beginner
Anyone happens to know where I may get a brand new X metal soft vault?

Finally got myself a Juliet and found out that my existing soft vaults not large enough for thejJuliet.

Is there a hard case equivalent to the soft vault for xmetals that's smaller than the x metal vault? That thing is too huge to carry around.

the Infinite Hero vault is the same size as the large vault and will not fit a Juliet.

Honestly, you can *Fit* them in the Radar/Flak Jacket vaults, but it's so tight, it's scary.

Left to right: radar/flak, X metal, large vault.

They will fit... but it's dangerously tight on the flak and large

4use6aga.jpg

Is there a thread that addresses long term X-Metal storage? Look at Hando's picture.
See that left case there is a hard like seal-it foam. I would advise not using those for
long term storage as the vapors react with foam vapors and can damage the frame.
Using the velvet cases Hando's middle and right case, I would put them in a micro-fiber
case just to be on the safe side. The following listing below (I'm not affiliated with the person), the last
pictures illustrate the effect. Notice the lasts couple of pictures? The discoloration pitting of the frames
in the last picture you can see the degradation of the foam.
Current ebay listing as of 5/4/14 (somebody grab the photos for illustrative purposes)

Oakley X Metal RUBY lens Ducati color juliet romeo
Oakley x Metal Ruby Lens Ducati Color Juliet Romeo | eBay

All in all I wouldn't trust that first style case with that hardened foam or that gray foam.

My Juliets fit in the IH Ballistic case. It is a tight fit, but it still closes fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back