• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Soft Vaults - Different Sizes??

JetIntakePort

Oakley Expert
Canada
So I have 4 of the X-Metal Soft vaults that came in the box with my X-squared glasses.... I found one on eBay last week, figured I could use a spare, and got a good deal on it.

It arrived today, and I noticed it's a bit shorter in length and a bit thinner than the ones that came with my X-squared.

Did they change the size of these at some point? I'm thinking the one I just bought may be older... Just not sure. Any insight?

I noticed on O-review that they list two SKU's (07-027 & 07-266), but do not mention anything about size.

Last edited:
I think one "generation" of soft vaults is a little longer than the other. I don't know for sure or how to tell them apart.

I too have noticed the different sizes. I think the newer generation of x metal soft vaults are a little bigger than the older ones. I noticed this when trying to zip up a Romeo 1 in an older x metal soft vault. It zips up, but its a tight fight. I received the older generation soft vault when I purchased a penny off the bay.

I too have noticed the different sizes. I think the newer generation of x metal soft vaults are a little bigger than the older ones. I noticed this when trying to zip up a Romeo 1 in an older x metal soft vault. It zips up, but its a tight fight. I received the older generation soft vault when I purchased a penny off the bay.

Ah ok, I've also now noticed that the X icon seems to be metal vs. The other 4 that I have.