1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. JetIntakePort

JetIntakePort Oakley Beginner

So I have 4 of the X-Metal Soft vaults that came in the box with my X-squared glasses.... I found one on eBay last week, figured I could use a spare, and got a good deal on it.

It arrived today, and I noticed it's a bit shorter in length and a bit thinner than the ones that came with my X-squared.

Did they change the size of these at some point? I'm thinking the one I just bought may be older... Just not sure. Any insight?

I noticed on O-review that they list two SKU's (07-027 & 07-266), but do not mention anything about size.

Last edited: 4/6/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. A.k. Thomas

A.k. Thomas Oakley Beginner

Sell me one case!

3. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

I think one "generation" of soft vaults is a little longer than the other. I don't know for sure or how to tell them apart.

4. JetIntakePort

Yeah, that would explain the two SKU on Oreview...

5. nyhokie

nyhokie Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

I too have noticed the different sizes. I think the newer generation of x metal soft vaults are a little bigger than the older ones. I noticed this when trying to zip up a Romeo 1 in an older x metal soft vault. It zips up, but its a tight fight. I received the older generation soft vault when I purchased a penny off the bay.

6. JetIntakePort

Ah ok, I've also now noticed that the X icon seems to be metal vs. The other 4 that I have.