• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Technical Sketch Available Soon

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I brought this sketch to RED and JJ himself was very interested if it were genuine. However, Hans Moritz showed up and c-blocked that deal up for me. :)

Hans did look at the work and determined from the handiwork/ signature that it was another designer named Tommy that drew it for the Irvine store. I was speaking with Tim (Arts and Flowers/ A&F Deux) several months ago who remembered the sketch from RED and wanted to reproduce it.

Tim's is a talented dude who by day runs a graphics design firm. He's an (X) metal head and has been collecting and enjoying Oakleys longer than most of us. http://www.artsnletters.com/

I'm not sure how he is going to print it, what his medium will be, the process or the price but I'm sure that he will join the thread at some point and flesh it out. This is Tim's deal 100%- I'll be taking nothing from this other than the enjoyment of giving back to the forum and sharing this really nice work with friends.

Obviously (?) it will not come in an frame much less an LED frame. Nor with a signed Juliet box and I assume/ hope that he photoshops the "Hans" out of it since it's really not Hans' work. But it is a nice technical sketch drawn by hand by an Oakley designer for an Oakley store display near HQ.

I posted the sketch off to Tim today so more to follow!

496-1370443875-750b9a41c1bf259ddc0d8d3d78f3828e.jpg

619-1376752915-d429d279d7ed1766b9907fbb5f49cd09.jpg

Subscribe. Love to see where this goes. I drool over that picture when I occasionally see it.

I'm confused.

Tommy made a "forged" Hans work for an O Store, it came into a collector hands (CarGuy), and Tim, another collector/enthusiast wants to do a reprint run of them? Does that about sum it up?

Does Tim have either Tommy's or Hans's permission to recreate and sell the art?

Also, not to nit pick, but that's not really a technical drawing.

What's the mark in the eye of the Juliet? Tommy's mark?

Back