• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Technical Sketch Available Soon

Yes. I've sent several texts to his cell, several messages at the number and requests for contact forms on his website in the last 6 months.
The good news is that I am truly blessed with many amazing people in my life (OF brothers/sisters included) and if this is my biggest problem- then I really don't have any.
But I would like to repatriate it back to my display if possible. :)
No kidding! It's a sweet piece! I hope you get it back man!

it's a pity that you never got your sketch back. I'm tempted to digitally recreate the sketch just so that you can get a consolation prize out of the ordeal

Look what came home to roost!
I was on a business trip out west and paid a personal visit to the place of business of the fellow who was going to make this for us.
So much has transpired in the interim. It's pretty clear that Oakley watches (no pun intended) what we discuss on forums because since this thread started there have been things offered as a result.
ie: we talk about aftermarket bunkers and O makes bunkers... we talk about sketches and they release the giclees and collector event lithos.
As a result I don't know the level of interest above my own anymore- but it is certainly nice that Tim returned the sketch and that after 2 years I can re-incorporate it my display:
20160520_111002.jpg

Last edited:
I was on a business trip out west and paid a personal visit to the place of business of the fellow who was going to make this for us.
So much has transpired in the interim. It's pretty clear that Oakley watches (no pun intended) what we discuss on forums because since this thread started there have been things offered as a result.
ie: we talk abut Anton's bunkers and O makes bunkers... we talk about sketches and they release the giclees and collector event lithos.
As a result I don't know the level of interest above my own anymore but it is certainly nice that Tim returned the sketch and that after 2 years I can re-incorporate it my display:
View attachment 249873

Glad you finally got it back.

ie: we talk abut Anton's bunkers and O makes bunkers... we talk about sketches and they release the giclees and collector event lithos.
As a result I don't know the level of interest above my own anymore but it is certainly nice that Tim returned the sketch and that after 2 years I can re-incorporate it my display:
View attachment 249873
Congrats on getting that back!

:)

... It's pretty clear that Oakley watches (no pun intended) what we discuss on forums because since this thread started there have been things offered as a result.
ie: we talk abut Anton's bunkers and O makes bunkers... we talk about sketches and they release the giclees and collector event lithos...
We asked for xmetals and they came back with toy neXt metals.... I know, we always want the nevada plant xmetal goodness but I digress...

On another note, congrats on getting the unique piece back!

Back