• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Technical Sketch Available Soon

We asked for xmetals and they came back with toy neXt metals.... I know, we always want the nevada plant xmetal goodness but I digress...
I forgot about next metals... ;)

Look what came home to roost!
I was on a business trip out west and paid a personal visit to the place of business of the fellow who was going to make this for us.
So much has transpired in the interim. It's pretty clear that Oakley watches (no pun intended) what we discuss on forums because since this thread started there have been things offered as a result.
ie: we talk about aftermarket bunkers and O makes bunkers... we talk about sketches and they release the giclees and collector event lithos.
As a result I don't know the level of interest above my own anymore- but it is certainly nice that Tim returned the sketch and that after 2 years I can re-incorporate it my display:
View attachment 249873

Why pen is that? Looks like a Delta fountain pen

Good eye! That's an Omaha Revelations fine point FP.

Here is what I have with me today. Pilot Vanishing Point LE orange Fine, Pilot 823 Fine, & Lamy 2000 EF

2a96cf74f84d653967e944cd312118c6.jpg

Here is what I have with me today. Pilot Vanishing Point LE orange Fine, Pilot 823 Fine, & Lamy 2000 EF

Nice! I have a small collection of Omas fountains, been writing with FP since grade school so 40 years-ish. Love the way a FP glides

Nice! The Lamy 2000 is next on my wish list. Been writing exclusively with a fountain pen for 2 yrs now. Love them! That Lamy Safari saved me so much writers cramp! But I digress... now back to the regularly scheduled thread, lol

Back