• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Unobtanium - Interchangeable?

Ok, here is a breakdown on just a few of the common swaps that can be done, if you need something specific just ask.......

Juliet earsocks fit: Juliet, Xmetal XX, Romeo, Penny, Mars
Juliet temple shocks fit: Juliet, Xmetal XX, Romeo, Mars
Juliet nose bombs fit: Juliet, X squared

Xmetal XX Earsocks fit: Xmetal XX, Juliet, Romeo, Penny, Mars
Xmetal XX temple shocks fit: Xmetal XX, Juliet, Romeo, Mars
Xmetal XX nose bombs fit: Xmetal XX

Romeo 1 nose bombs fit: Romeo 1 and Mars
Romeo 1 earsocks fit: Romeo 1, Juliet, Xmetal XX, Penny, Mars
Romeo 1 temple shocks fit: Romeo 1, Juliet, Xmetal XX, Mars

Romeo 2 Earsocks, temple shocks, and nose bombs fit: Only fit Romeo 2

Penny earsocks fit: Penny, Juliet, Xmetal XX, Romeo 1, Mars
Penny nosebombs fit: Penny

Half X earsocks fit: Half X

X squared earsocks fit: X squared
Xsquared nose bombs fit: X squared, Juliet
X squared tempe shocks fit: X squared
This is good info and I'm going to paste this into the Customize your own Oakley thread since it is likely to come up again.

X-Metal XX replacement earsocks and nose pads

How do I obtain replacement earsocks and nosepads for X-Metal XX's? I have called Oakley and was told that those pieces are no longer made.

How do I obtain replacement earsocks and nosepads for X-Metal XX's? I have called Oakley and was told that those pieces are no longer made.

I had to email customer care and told them i lost mine on a trip to Boston and when to SGH and the Oakley Store in the mall next to where i was staying. Also told them how the staff there tried to help me by trying XX nose pieces and Juliets, but they didn't fit.

To my surprise, they said they had some in stock and would ship me a pair for free, but that it was a one time deal. This happened almost a year ago. They may have run out by now if that's what they told you.

Are there any other combinations of earsocks and nose pieces that could possibly fit the X-metal XX?

It does not appear that any nose pieces other than the X-Metal XX would fit the X-Metal XX? And these don't seem to be made anymore.

It does not appear that any nose pieces other than the X-Metal XX would fit the X-Metal XX? And these don't seem to be made anymore.

Check Ebay I sometimes find Black earsocks and nosepads for $25.00 plus shipping. They originally sold for $10.00 Also try calling Oakleys warranty Dept. You never know....

I walked into an O-Store and asked them if they might have any in stock. The manager pulled out several bags of black and brown nose pieces for Romeo 1 and 2, but no XX's :(

Back