• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal vs. Carbon Juliets

Brian Nickell

I should Work at Oakley
I recently bought a BNIB set of non-serialized Carbon with BI Juliets. I admittedly thought that by the pic that they were a deeper shade of gray than the normal X-Metal frame not black. While I love having Juliets again I'm beginning to have second thoughts about the color and I'm wondering if it would worth my time to try to trade my complete LNIB Carbons for a hopefully complete LNIB set of X-Metal Juliets. I don't even know that someone out there would have a LNIB set of X-metal Juliets that they would trade for a Carbon set. I thought about trying to find a serialized Ruby/X-Metal with no box or coin but I'm not sure I want an incomplete set. Any advice?

Keep the carbons......find a frame in the xmetal colorway,if you cant find one ill make you one from a cheap loose stripped frame.it will be killer upon completion.....lol

I like the idea @THE X-MAN! I'm not completely sold on the Carbons but they grow on me every day. If I decide to start looking I just might have to take you up on the offer! I just bought a set of BIP NIB for the Carbons so I have the BI lenses they came with just lying around. They could use a good, CHEAP, loose X-Metal frame that might be lying around somewhere.... Lol. The issue is cash flow to be honest. If it wasn't I'd just buy a set from the forum right now. That's why I was considering a trade but I think I'll just wait for now. Unless of course someone has an alternative reason to start looking of course.

i would say keep what you have and save up for another. we all know the fact is that they aren't going to make any more, and what is out there is all there is. i don't feel you would regret going that route. enjoy what you have now and just save up for another. you never know, if you trade it could get lost in the mail or whatever.

Last edited:
I've been looking for Ruby but they're SO expensive. I've got BIP in them now and love them! In all the years I've had and collected Oakley this is the first set of polarized lenses I've ever had. I have regular BI lenses that came with them so I think I'll keep the Carbons and start lookin for a junk Juliet frame for @THE X-MAN to blast. He says his X-Metal finish is the ish!

Back