• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Wires Question

beaver962000

Oakley Enthusiast
I read somewhere on the forum that they made an x-metal why wire. I found some on eBay with only seconds left so I bought them on impulse. The Guy claimed in his description that they were x-metal so my question is did they ever really make an x-metal why wire? Thanks!

I know they typically aren't, but I read somewhere on here that they made a special edition. Its not on o-review, I already looked

Most people think x-metal and titanium are the same thing. As most Oakley collectors know they are not the same. The Why series were made of titanium, not x-metal.

Oakley never made an X Metal wire type frame. If you post the completed Ebay link (can be posted since its sold) or the Ebay item # we can review it to assist you further..... Many seller list keywords, ( X Metal, SI, AP, skull, etc) to help push their item when potential buyers are looking for something....

make no mistake x-metal is very much a titanium alloy. just like other titanium alloys it just has its own blend including more nickel. if you can find the original why 3 description you will find that oakley states directly that the original whys are made up of x-metal.

Back