• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal XX Fans

Which Do You Prefer for XMetal XX

• Total voters
I love the hammer earstems of the XXs but the lenses are too big vertically for my face. I wished we had the choice hammer earstems on all the Juliets and not just the polished ones.

Well since you like the X-Metal/BI colorway you could remove the hammerstems from a XX and out them on a Juliet. I have been lead to believe that they are interchangeable. Or get a polished frame and send it off to X-Man for a blasting. I am of the same mind and I am currently looking for a Juliet polished frame to send off to Dr Chop for painting.

Realistically TI02, since I'll be able to actually use them without seeing them disintegrate in front of me :)

From what I read so far, 24K will discolour. So is there any remedy? I like the looks of the 24K, but I am happy to look for a minty TiO2. Best to get both!

From what I read so far, 24K will discolour. So is there any remedy? I like the looks of the 24K, but I am happy to look for a minty TiO2. Best to get both!

I was actually thinking of putting the gold parts in the oven to heat up the gold paint but not sure what type of paint is 24k and how will it react. I have painted numerous plastics and steel/aluminum metal with regular spray paint and the paint became almost impervious to fading when I put them in an oven or oven toaster.

Caution: Don't put food in an oven that you use to cure paint.

If you own one, please post some pictures. I've always wanted to see some good pixs of the plasma/ice. BTW, I with xmetalto, X-Metal/BI does it for me.

Here is one of your favorite too.

DSC01382_zpsaba48d57.jpg

Plasma ice is my favorite, with ti02 moving up the ranks the closer it gets to me in the mail. X metal is always classy and 24k is sexy.

IMO:

tio2 was better executed in the juliet with the vr28 BI lens. way classier.

the 24k xx is awesome. just something hectic and different to everything before it and since.

plasma ice is rare only because they didnt make many in the XX, and it was gen1 and 2 only which means alot of them suffered from the usual plasma issue. its a nice colorway, but one that is common on juliets.

@xmetalto and although juliets look good with hammerstems, the fit is better with the regular stems..(nicer wrap) :)
ese7u6a7.jpg
e8a7y8u8.jpg

tio2 for me...hands down. not really into yellow gold. although the 24ks are very sexy in its own right. i am just partial to the tio2 looking very very awesome with my favorite slate lens. and i love the rugged look to it.

I don't have either pair (yet!). If I were to buy a pair to wear (which I do), I would opt for the Tio2. If I were to buy a pair just to display (which I don't at this point), I would opt for the 24K. Given my preference to wear my purchases rather than just admire them gotta go for the Tio2.

Depends on the occasion I think. They both are very classy. I have the 24k version which I love, classy and it stands out. The TiO2 is a subdued classy look that I like. 24k stands out more and that is why I like them.

Back