• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal XX - First X Metal Buy Since 1999

lithiumus

Oakley Enthusiast
Toronto, Canada
Although I've always wanted the Romeo and loved the XX... 14 years ago I was much thinner and the Romeos and XX was just too big for me. My wife said that the Juliets were a better fit and they were so I got a pair of 1st gen Plasma Juliets with Ice Iridium.

In 2004 I brought my Plasma Juliets into HQ and inquired about the plasma finish wearing off. They let me choose a new frame so it was either the new generation Plasma or the Polished with Hammerstems. I've always wanted hammerstems so the choice was easy. I basically recieved a new pair of Juliets in 2004.

Now that I'm no so thin... the Juliets (which I still love) look a bit small on my face. After joining the forum and seeing others with mutiple pairs of X Metals... I didn't feel so strange going after the XX and Romeo! (though my wife doesn't know yet):whistle:

So here is my XX I got off eBay for a fair price. It's X Metal with Black Iridium lenses. The lenses are in fair condition. InfiniteHero is getting me a set of +Red lenses and I'll likely buy a set of new Black Iridium lenses to keep safe. Frame has a little patina but nothing I can't live with. The X Metal shows bit darker than it really is...

xx_zps75d3998f.jpg

Congrats on your wife not knowing yet.....bet you wanna keep it that way. Those are gonna look really good with the +red lenses in them. :)

Lol, I'm trying to slowly wean her in... I got a dual display Oakly stand where I put my Juliets and Mag M. I recently replaced the Mag M with the XX. She hasn't noticed it yet, but it's right in front of her every night! (mind you, the display stand is next to my PS3 so maybe it's too clutered for her to notice. For a whole week, I left the Romeo Orbital with hammerstem attached to it next to our master bath sink. I said I was repairing / piecing together parts... :whistle:

I'll post an updated pic with the + Red lenses.

Stealthy, I am impressed! By the time she notices you can say "oh those, no they've been around for ages!"
+1!

Make sure you take photos of her standing there with them in the background.....it's especially helpful if the camera imprints the date. This way she can't deny it!

Agreed! Once I get my Romeo's back from Infinithero, I'll leave center X piece and maybe some nose bombs near the sink. I'll clean them and mess around for a week or so. Every time I get mail, I'll say, "ooo, more parts came" and pretend to be putting together a Romeo from various "damaged/salvage" parts. Since we just finished renovating our house, I'll take photos with the parts in the background, etc. The only way this works is because I keep a slush fund. My wife controls the Finances and there is no way I'd get away with it but if it doesn't hit the books, then the only explaination is that I've either sold something, traded for it or did some kind of service for it!

Well... when you speak of the devil (Infititehero) he sometimes appears... and in the form of Positive Red!

XXRed_zpse0a46c39.jpg

Back