1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MysteriousRacerX

MysteriousRacerX Oakley Beginner

So I'm getting OEM lenses for my XXs, but need some [unavailable from Oakley] replacement nose pads. I see Linegear has them, but there's a small vs. large ... I don't recall if the XXs originally came with two sizes? Does anyone know if there was only one size OEM, does it match the small or large?

Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

There were two sizes originally,unless you are asian or really little I would get the small,I am pretty average and thats what I use,

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  3. MysteriousRacerX

Thanks, super helpful. I'm on the bigger size of height and, umm, nose, so small it is :D (probably order a couple of sets)

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Good to see linegear finally push these out

5. MysteriousRacerX

Yeah, I saw that thread where you were discussing availability. When I order, I'll update this thread with my confirmation, eventual receipt, etc., just to let everyone know that it's not a phantom product.

6. Maul

Maul Oakley Beginner

Jus to assure you. The original XX box set comes in 2 sizes. The larger nose bomb is attached to the frame and the smaller pair is inside the box.

7. MysteriousRacerX

Finally got around to ordering, picked up two sets of small for my XXs, I guess those ship from Japan? Used the standard delivery (not in a huge rush). I remember I ordered a hood once for my Supra, direct from Japan, took like a month ... :/

Anyway, just went with black to match the existing rubber, probably use black iridium lenses (OEM Oakley), keep these simple. Then maybe get crazy with my Juliets, flat black (via XMan) custom color rubber, etc.

8. Walter G Van Tine

Walter G Van Tine Oakley Beginner

Great to hear that Linegear has "picked up the gauntlet" and produced a proper product to fill a much-needed void! Gonna pick up a pair of the nose pads soon. I don't have a very large or wide nose, so I think the size "Large" will fit the bill. Thanks to 'Mysterious racer X' and 'nightpusher1' for the info!

9. MysteriousRacerX

... and they're here! They fit, look good, seems like a winner. I also ordered some OEM black Iridium replacement lenses, got the glasses apart, ready for the reconstruction :)

10. Ares176

Ares176 Oakley Beginner

Was the fitting any good? Am thinking of ordering some too for spares in case they go out of production.