• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Xx Parts

erap

I should Work at Oakley
Can someone explain what these parts? Gasket ,washer,stem bolt, orbital gasket I have a few parts lying around and dont want to make a duplicate purchase. Thanks

Your post is a little vague, but I'll take a shot at answering it...

The Gasket is the rubber piece that allows the nose bridge to flex.
The washer goes between the screw and arm so the metal doesn't rub against each other when opening and closing the sunglasses.
The stem bolt is likely just the screw that attaches the arms to the central frame.
The orbital gasket is the small black piece that goes between the screw and the orbital frame. (The screw that you loosen to change lenses)

With all of that said, I assume you are looking at the ebay auctions for various pieces of juliets and XX frames. Based on what the asking prices are for those pieces, by the time you've purchased the pieces required, you'll have spent the same amount as if you had just purchased the sunglasses themselves. Just my 2 cents.

I was under the impression that the gasket was the rubber ring where the bottoms of the orbitals are tightened to hold the lenses, while the flex coupler were all the internals involved in the bridges stiffness/flexing qualities?
Edit: whoops, just saw the bit on the orbital gasket ^^

those were the exact terms used by the authorized oakley service center. I myself am confused. Will post pics once i get the items in mail.

Back