• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal XX Serial Number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, could someone tell me what case is better for oakley penny, small soft vault of large soft vault? If large soft vault is not too big i prefer it to use with more compatible models. Thanks.

In 2001 I purchased a pair of Juliet (second generation I believe, as the legs were rounded, not "spider-leg" shaped) on eBay.

The shades included the original box, the coin thingy, the paperwork which normally comes with Oakley shades.

I knew they were real, even before viewing at least half a dozen other pairs of Juliets/Romeos/Pennys.

The thing is, none of the pairs I viewed had serial numbers on the left leg. The ear-socks, nose-bombs, and temple-tensioners were all real.

My question is, is it only the 1st generation XX/Romeo/Juliet/Penny s which bear a serial number?

In 2001 I purchased a pair of Juliet (second generation I believe, as the legs were rounded, not "spider-leg" shaped) on eBay.

The shades included the original box, the coin thingy, the paperwork which normally comes with Oakley shades.

I knew they were real, even before viewing at least half a dozen other pairs of Juliets/Romeos/Pennys.

The thing is, none of the pairs I viewed had serial numbers on the left leg. The ear-socks, nose-bombs, and temple-tensioners were all real.

My question is, is it only the 1st generation XX/Romeo/Juliet/Penny s which bear a serial number?
1st, 2nd and 3rd all had serials (though not all models had that many generations). 2nd gen had an A at the end of the serial and 3rd gen had a B at the end. 4th gen was an unmarked frame and 5th had a sku and size. Check the serial list at O-review for more details.

1st, 2nd and 3rd all had serials (though not all models had that many generations). 2nd gen had an A at the end of the serial and 3rd gen had a B at the end. 4th gen was an unmarked frame and 5th had a sku and size. Check the serial list at O-review for more details.

Okay, thanks alot! So mine *ahem* were 4 generation

Thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.