• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal XX/ X Metal-black Iridium,is It In A Fair Price Or A Steal?

OK no question that you did good on the glasses. XM XX w/ box you can get ~350 on the flip if that is what you would decide to do.

If one were to be picky - and you did ask - my only observation would be that the seller billed these as NWOT and they clearly are not. They're missing the orbital gasket and the lenses do not appear to be BIP so maybe that is where the gasket was misplaced. So I'm guessing aftermarket lenses too. Also the frame is scratched a little and I do not see the papers or extra rubbers so I don't think that you will be getting those.

You did fine on the deal and if you choose to wear them and enjoy them or flip them you'll be OK. I'm just not feeling the seller's integrity. The seller's feedback shows no other Oakley items so it is possible that he just didn't know what they look like or how they came new.

Deal or steal? More to the steal side of the equation but not completely. You spent wisely!

OK no question that you did good on the glasses. XM XX w/ box you can get ~350 on the flip if that is what you would decide to do.

If one were to be picky - and you did ask - my only observation would be that the seller billed these as NWOT and they clearly are not. They're missing the orbital gasket and the lenses do not appear to be BIP so maybe that is where the gasket was misplaced. So I'm guessing aftermarket lenses too. Also the frame is scratched a little and I do not see the papers or extra rubbers so I don't think that you will be getting those.

You did fine on the deal and if you choose to wear them and enjoy them or flip them you'll be OK. I'm just not feeling the seller's integrity. The seller's feedback shows no other Oakley items so it is possible that he just didn't know what they look like or how they came new.

Deal or steal? More to the steal side of the equation but not completely. You spent wisely!

Thanks Carguy, I actually ask him about everything that supposed to be included and he said there was nothing except the glasses and the box, and I'm a little bit in a doubt about the lens, there was something fishy about it or maybe because of the quality of the picture? anyways that doesn't matter to me because I'm not a fan of black iridium lens, so I was really planning to modify this with a positive red and put some red unobtaniums. About the gasket, I'm not worried about it because I have some spare to fill that in. The only thing that catches my eye for these are the box and coin, It is very difficult now a days to find a pair of XM XX in this condition.

By the way, any idea on how to tell if the lens are aftermarket replacement? is there really a big difference?

No serial........ Didn't all X Metal XX come serialed?

Note from O-Review: On most X-Metal glasses and Time Bomb watches, there is a unique serial number which identifies the item. X-Metal glasses after around December 2004 do not have these numbers, but most out there do have them. Each number has a prefix which identifies the frame/lens color combo:

I think the newer release of X Metals don't have serial #'s on them