• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metals devaluation due to customizing

There will always be value associated with X-Metals. It's all about personal preference and what someone is willing to pay for what the customizer deemed necessary for the project. I too associate it with cars, which one would you prefer?
Option 1?
image.jpeg

Or option 2?
image.jpeg

Stock compared to restomod. I like option 2 myself.

i just have 2 identical Romeo 1 xmetal finish without boxes but both in mint condition no marks or scratches on the frame.i was just thinking of keeping the lowest serial of the 2 untouched and customize the other one
So, here's what I think: you have 2 great pairs of glasses, but not many people would be willing to buy either as a collectible...no box or coin or paperwork or nothing...you simply have a nice sought after daily wearer...

If you customize one, it could increase or decrease in value based on who you talk to...

Just do it and be happy...I customize my frames and I buy customized glasses to make ME happy, not because I'm looking to flip them for more money...

There will always be value associated with X-Metals. It's all about personal preference and what someone is willing to pay for what the customizer deemed necessary for the project. I too associate it with cars, which one would you prefer?
Option 1?
View attachment 198585
Or option 2?
View attachment 198586
Stock compared to restomod. I like option 2 myself.
A million people would pick option 1

A million people would pick option 2

:)

*i'd take option 2 every day*

So, here's what I think: you have 2 great pairs of glasses, but not many people would be willing to buy either as a collectible...no box or coin or paperwork or nothing...you simply have a nice sought after daily wearer...

If you customize one, it could increase or decrease in value based on who you talk to...

Just do it and be happy...I customize my frames and I buy customized glasses to make ME happy, not because I'm looking to flip them for more money...
Cheers to that bud!

As stated above, my opinion is it all depends on the frame. Rares should be left alone. Also, I think a big part of it is if you are doing it for you to wear forever, or to sell. Thats the biggie. Value doesn't matter if you like it and don't want to sell. And of you're unsure of you're going to like the finished product, you shouldn't be doing it then either.

Latest Posts

Back