• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metals In The Wild

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
How often do you guys see people wearing X-Metals when you're out?

I can't remember the last time I saw a pair of metals out in the wild. It kinda makes me wonder if they're all on shelves at home or there just weren't that many to begin with. At least not enough for people to wear often. I know the price scared a lot of people away but it just seems rather strange that I barely ever seen people wear X-Metals out in public.

Honestly... Never. I don't think I've ever seen any one ever wearing any of the X-metal lines. I know that I've paid close attention for the past 14 years as it relates to Juliet's, Penny's and Romeo 1's. It is however possible that the I missed a pair of Half Xs or Romeo 2's as those 2 designs are pretty timid compared to most x-metal styling's and tend to blend in with every other pair of glasses on the market. I've been a fan of the Juliets for over a decade now and have always watched for others wearing them, but haven't seen any.

I have to say that in the last 14 years since I've owned my Juliets... I can count the number of times I've seen someone wearing a set of X Metals. Before that, I've only seen a pair of Romeos once (Roger Clemens). He seemed to be an Oakley fan back then.

Now that I count... I'd say I've seen X Metals around 5-7 times in the wild, in the last 16-17 years. And that includes 3 aquaintances and The Rocket. I did see someone with a set of XS at the mall on Saturday...

I can't remember how many times but there have been a few. there is this one guy who wears two different juliets (not at the same time, of course) to work out at the gym. I guess he's got money to burn. Other than that I would guess I see one every couple months on average so not very common as everyone in Hawaii wears sunglasses.

Interesting question. Outside of an O or Vault store, I can count on one hand the number of people I have seen with X metals. It's always been Juliets too.

I'm reposting this from another thread, nothing's changed really.

I can count on one hand the number of people I've seen with X-Metals out and about. One guy had a pair of Plasma/Fire Juliets standing in line at Panda Express. Refused to take em off inside. Second I saw was a pair of Half-X on someone at the zoo. Third was also at the zoo on another trip - I came out of an indoor area as another guy was coming in with his girlfriend/wife and we both did a double take as we both had Carbon/Ice Juliets on our heads. My reaction was tempered when he looked at me again and uttered 'the f*** are you looking at'. I like seeing Metals in the wild, but the some of the people that wear them seem to be colossal douches.

Back