1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

Like what the title says... Any of you guys used your babies on extreme conditions? How did your x-metals perform? I guess I'm asking because I wanted to wear either one of my juliets or maybe my PB2 while rafting (possibly flipping over and going for a swim) but I'm a bit hesitant cause I've never used them for that matter... Does the metal corrode or something? Sorry for the ignorance, but I have been treasuring my old one and just have started collecting again. Any thoughts or previous experience would be greatly appreciated! :)

Ultimate-O likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Metals handle it? For sure! But, could you handle never seeing them again if they fall off? Ask the guy who lost his C Six in a lake while jet skiing. My thought would be something a little less expensive and easier to replace. Some variation of a Jacket would be better suited.

3. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Water isn't going to hurt them, but losing 300$+ shades is gonna hurt you.

Get a wind jacket kit and wear that

4. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

Good point, thanks guys.

Ultimate-O likes this.
  5. InfiniteHero

InfiniteHero Entrepreneur Premium Member

Don't wear a pair like that, only because of the " What If" factor. They would be fine, no diff if you washed them at home in those conditions. Saltwater is fine also but make sure fresh water is used to wash off any salt residue.

6. big bopper

big bopper Oakley Enthusiast

The other thing to bear in mind if using them for adrenaline sports is that x-metal frames are significantly stronger than the bones making up your face. Stick to o-matter for sports!