• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metals Production

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
just talked to HQ and they are going to re-introduce the juliets.i asked if he would sell me screws ect and he said they cant sell those individual parts because they will be using them very soon on the current reintroduction of the juliet.dont really know what that means,however i did also ask for a job application.

There will be no new X Metal until 2014, so don't get too excited too quickly.

I also don't believe that they will re-introduce Juliet but that's just the vibe I get.

Interesting... So was the death of X Metals a hype project, has production been moved, will there be anything to signify these as 'new' Juliets, is the metal alloy the same blend, will quality be as high, will any other frames be made or reintroduced, will the price stay put...

Such a large can of worms.

If this is true this should do nothing but increase the value of X Metals.

Having any item in an X Metal line will continue to generate interest in the X Metal family and is a good thing for us collectors.

As opined previously, I highly doubt that Lux would manufacture and offer at retail an X Metal of previous quality at the same retail prices that X Metals were priced previously.

And Oakley will continue to support with lenses and parts whatever offering -if any -makes the cut.

Win - win.

And Oakley will continue to support with lenses and parts whatever offering -if any -makes the cut.

Win - win.

Not sure if I understand this part. So far Oakley has been discontinuing parts and lenses for the X-metals and sooner or later the Juliets and X-squard stuff will be gone too. Good thing there are aftermarket and third party offerings for some parts but not all of them are being reproduced. I hope someone will reproduce XX nose pieces soon as I want to wear my XX's as long as I can.

It's so sad the death of X-metal as we know it. It might be resurected in some for down the road, but it likely won't be the same.

What a bad time for me to start collecting them as well, just when the are getting put to pasture.

I was told by the guy (2 days ago) at an O Store that X Squared's are gonna be discontinued but Juliets are still gonna be around.

This counters what I was told at my Vault that no X-Metals were being shipped to any retail locations. Whatever the stores currently have in stock is it. My Vault had 3 or 4 pairs of X-Squared and 1 pair of Juliets along with a couple of pairs of custom frames. The manager said that when those are gone, that is it. I doubt the rules are different between the main stores and the Vaults.

It's so sad the death of X-metal as we know it. It might be resurected in some for down the road, but it likely won't be the same.

What a bad time for me to start collecting them as well, just when the are getting put to pasture.

Plenty of pairs produced to collect- probably millions across all XM styles and colorways?

Not sure if I understand this part. So far Oakley has been discontinuing parts and lenses for the X-metals and sooner or later the Juliets and X-squard stuff will be gone too. Good thing there are aftermarket and third party offerings for some parts but not all of them are being reproduced. I hope someone will reproduce XX nose pieces soon as I want to wear my XX's as long as I can.

What I meant was that if Oakley continued a particular XM style that they would continue to support that offering. Support meaning tune-ups (in case Dyer locks up all of the X Man's production), lenses and rubbers.

If they revived Juliets then Juliet parts and lenses would be virtually assured moving forward.

Back