1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

So some of you may have seen in the general discussion thread that my wife has pretty much given me permission to spend $2000 on oakleys while on holidays in LA in august. My question is can someone give a comparison between X squared (that I already own) and X metal XX. I have tried on the juliets and I find that the lenses aren't tall enough for my liking but otherwise fit fine, they aren't too tight or loose and the X squared fixes that issue bigger lenses and they are squared ( like I prefer them to be) . How does the XX fair up to the X squared? May look into picking up another piece to the X metal line. Thanks for any input

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

On me, the XX are wider than the XS. They fit bigger on my medium sized head. For someone who suits smaller frames like the O matter XX (Twenty) and five squared, i'm surprised you would even consider the X Metal XX. Yes the orbitals are taller than the Juliet, but the frame is definitely wider. You might be able to wear it if you use the size 25 temple shocks though.

3. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

The temple shocks make all the difference... My head is small enough that a penny fits me perfectly. I had a pair of romeo 1s recently with 25 temple shocks and they actually fit really comfortably. I was surprised the difference the bigger shocks made. They were still too big for my face but they fit well on my head.

4. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

The XS fit me fine (according to me lol) although I could use bigger temple shocks so I was just curious about the fit of the xx. Being that I may have $2000 to spend I may as well get something worth while

5. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

You know the XX has been discontinued for quite a few years already, right? I think you'd be lucky to even find Juliets and XS's in the O Stores when you get here in August.

6. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

Yeah I know they are discontinued. But with what you are saying with the size it's probably not for me anyway.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah i think the trick is actually finding one. fitwise.. i find you can make metals fit by adjuating the tshocks and its surprisingly forgiving. if you get the chance i recommend it.. great pair.

8. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

I'm so undecided now, I just wanted something different for my collection

9. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

If I do happen to find an xx what would be a fair price to pay for them?

10. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Looks like 400-450 range? Prices have been going up lately