• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Bronze

Barricade

I should Work at Oakley
Anyone have pics of an X-Squared frame with Bronze Iridium? Been searching but no luck. I'm contemplating buying some.

Anyone have pics of an X-Squared frame with Bronze Iridium? Been searching but no luck. I'm contemplating buying some.

Bronze was not in an OEM XS colorway - do you mean there's a pair with those lenses for sale you're considering, or you're considering some bronze lenses to put in a pair of XS? What frame finish?

Bronze was not in an OEM XS colorway - do you mean there's a pair with those lenses for sale you're considering, or you're considering some bronze lenses to put in a pair of XS? What frame finish?

Oakley is selling Bronze Polarized for a decent price. I just can't find any "real" pictures of them in a frame. I have Carbon frame currently.

IIRC bronze lenses never come with iridium coating, just like grey lenses. And also like grey lenses, there's 2 levels of tint available:

1. "Bronze"
- brown tint looks similar to a gold Irid on the outside but no mirror coat
- VLT is about 22% and is a Category 2 lens
- It won't hide your eyes

2. "Dark Bronze"
- dark brown tint and looks similar to VR28 BI on the outside but no mirror coat
- VLT is about 12% and is a Category 3 lens
- It'd hide your eyes fairly well

Dark bronze is a nice lens if you don't like Iridium coating. It functions very similarly to VR28BI and makes the reds and greens (eg. traffic lights) pop out more.

IIRC bronze lenses never come with iridium coating, just like grey lenses. And also like grey lenses, there's 2 levels of tint available:

1. "Bronze"
- brown tint looks similar to a gold Irid on the outside but no mirror coat
- VLT is about 22% and is a Category 2 lens
- It won't hide your eyes

2. "Dark Bronze"
- dark brown tint and looks similar to VR28 BI on the outside but no mirror coat
- VLT is about 12% and is a Category 3 lens
- It'd hide your eyes fairly well

Dark bronze is a nice lens if you don't like Iridium coating. It functions very similarly to VR28BI and makes the reds and greens (eg. traffic lights) pop out more.

VR28 BIP is my favorite lens so far to wear. So maybe Oakley only list Bronze, Gray and Slate. Any opinions on which one might be best?

if VR28BIP is your favourite, then Bronze is the closest. IMO they're not worth the money unless you really want those tints - Bronze, Grey and Slate aren't steller lenses. They're all medium tint and work well only in overcast days. Bear in mind custom cut XS Irid lenses can be had for under 80 all cut, and non-irid lenses such as dark bronze lenses can be had cheaper . If you're looking for a bargain, i'd advise you to save the money - you're better off having 1 pair of good lenses that you love rather than 2 pairs of lenses that you'll never use and collect dust. Just my 2 cents.

Latest Posts

Back