1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyJunkie

OakleyJunkie Oakley Beginner

I have a new pair of Polished X squared that obtained from a former O Employee who was a dealer rep. They didnt have lenses so I picked up a pair of grey polarized. I recently sold my x metal on ruby XS and im missing the Xmetal colorway terribly. Should I have Xman coat these pretty polished frame or consider selling/trading for what I want. Box, coin, case the works. Im torn.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

The x-man's x-metal finish isn't cerakote, though he can do a clear cerakote coat over it to make it invulnerable...

Unsure what you're saying - you do or don't want the box & coin? If so, you're better trading. If all you care about is having a pair with x-metal finish, go with x-man.

3. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Go out and buy another x-metal pair is my vote, but I don't know the funds situation.

4. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

I would stick hold of the polished frame if you can, as they are more difficult to come by, but you could definitely offer a trade I'm the exchange section for an x metal (grey) pair :)

5. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Trade them. Keep them polished and look for a different xs to blast to x metal or an original xmetal colorway.

6. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

I agree......leave em polished.

7. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Red with ++red lenses would be totally diva though......

8. GH4AU

GH4AU Carbon Fanatic Premium Member

I would recommend trading the polished XS for an X-Metal pair instead of spending money refinishing it. As others have said, the polished is harder to come by and I am sure you could find someone willing to trade an X-Metal pair for them.

9. OakleyJunkie

So there we have it. Lets make a trade. These do not have the sku on the frame or box. I inquiried from a former acct rep. Authentic 200%. We can go frame for frame. Idm if not then I can just get refinished

10. OakleyJunkie