1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ducatiti

ducatiti Oakley Enthusiast

So after having my Juliet serviced by X-man Customs, my X-squared felt loose all of the sudden. In other words, my standards changed when it comes to how tight the nose bridge should be. This is when I decided to take a dive and tighten my X-squared myself by purchasing Scienergy's (OXM Parts) newly designed flex coupler.

Tools needed:

.050 hex driver
    Exacto knife

X Squared Flex Coupler Install - DIY - FullSizeRender_zps2snsvp6j.jpg

Here is how the oxm rubber is compared to oem (oxm in bag). OXM's rubber is a lot more stiff with the sides solid/closed while OEM was open..I'm not sure what Oakley was thinking :)

X Squared Flex Coupler Install - DIY - FullSizeRender%202_zpsr0zkkblo.jpg

The whole install took me around 10 minutes total. If you can turn a screwdriver, this can be easily done. My X-squared feels brand new again, even better to be honest. I don't have to worry about the nose bridge loosening anytime soon. If it does after several years of use, I am glad that this will be only a $15 fix through Scienergy in this forum. I purchased this last Thursday and received today, Monday. Great service and fast shipping from OXM parts!

Below is a quick video I took of the process. Thank you in advance for watching.

It is almost midnight here and wrote this before going to bed. I will post updates in the next few days.

Last edited: 10/11/16
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Nice work!!! Thanks for sharing

3. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

You should cut those couplers while there in the nosebridge for a perfect fit.

Wavecloud likes this.
  4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Congrats on getting that done

5. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Congratulations on fixing your own frame and thank you for the review and video.

6. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Good job. They should have made all the models like that for easy tuning lol.

7. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

So agree......

8. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

And in doing so excluded themselves from the revenue stream of tune-ups. Nope, they only wanted to do that as long as THEY wanted to do that; create an item that they marketed as lasting literally forever staying in the revenue stream as long as it wished - then stopped supporting it.

Thanks for the review and OXM makes nice replacement parts!

pjd1234 and OakleyFrankFMJ like this.
  9. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

Thanks for the video

10. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Awesome. Thanks for the video.