• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Flex Coupler Install - DIY

So after having my Juliet serviced by X-man Customs, my X-squared felt loose all of the sudden. In other words, my standards changed when it comes to how tight the nose bridge should be. This is when I decided to take a dive and tighten my X-squared myself by purchasing Scienergy's (OXM Parts) newly designed flex coupler.

Tools needed:

.050 hex driver
Exacto knife

FullSizeRender_zps2snsvp6j.jpg

Here is how the oxm rubber is compared to oem (oxm in bag). OXM's rubber is a lot more stiff with the sides solid/closed while OEM was open..I'm not sure what Oakley was thinking :)

FullSizeRender%202_zpsr0zkkblo.jpg

The whole install took me around 10 minutes total. If you can turn a screwdriver, this can be easily done. My X-squared feels brand new again, even better to be honest. I don't have to worry about the nose bridge loosening anytime soon. If it does after several years of use, I am glad that this will be only a $15 fix through Scienergy in this forum. I purchased this last Thursday and received today, Monday. Great service and fast shipping from OXM parts!

Below is a quick video I took of the process. Thank you in advance for watching.

It is almost midnight here and wrote this before going to bed. I will post updates in the next few days.

Thanks for sharing the video. Good job!

Just to clarify, although we agreed our nosebridge flex coupler (current stock, we are working for the tighter one - still testing different formula) is a bit loose putting inside a Juliet & XX nosebridge which has a bigger space, but it works perfectly tight in an XS. And the easy part is you just need one of our wrench (in here in Japan, or .050 hex driver) to do a change, no need to trim it.

Still holding up well...My X Squared looks and feels brand new because of this DIY. Easy peasy and nothing better than knowing that you did it yourself :)

Back