• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Frame Size/Shape Variation

I don't have side-by-side pics. But here's a warranty piece I just traded with the OEM lenses installed:

Deal - X Squared XMetal Ruby: Fresh from Factory

No lens fitment issues with the original OEM lenses put into the frame at the factory. As was the case with all the warranty XS frames I have had.

I'm not saying the cutters did a bad job on the custom lenses (especially without the frame in hand), or that there isn't variance whereby these later warranty pieces have a slightly rounder lower orbital (hadn't noticed that till this thread). All I'm saying is that the OEM lenses seem to fit well.

It's useful to know though if there is this variance so buyer's can either purchase a frame with the original OEM lens or make a decision about whether to send their frame in to a cutter for custom lenses. And seller's can explain to the buyer ahead of a sale.

I have two more xmetal warranty frames at the moment. Orbital shape looks normal to me.... But let me know what you think. Just installed OEM lenses and fitment is fine (no gap from any angle).

View attachment 296336 View attachment 296337 View attachment 296338 View attachment 296339 View attachment 296394 View attachment 296395
Fake....

:ban:

:lol::lol:

Mine reg
IMG_2500.JPG

All of those last three look flatter on the bottom.

Ps, does anyone want to show us a perfect custom cut I did for their frame?

I'd love that too. Duh.

All of those last three look flatter on the bottom.

Ps, does anyone want to show us a perfect custom cut I did for their frame?

I'd love that too. Duh.

Your reputation is second to none, Chris. It does seem like that one XS frame had a quirky orbital shape - and hard to cut to.
Also, thanks for testifying earlier in the thread that the frame was authentic. I don't feel comfortable with the insinuations (not by you) that maybe it wasn't.
Hence my back of frame hex images!

For the record, for any future thread readers, if anything I sell is proven to be fake (meaning I myself was conned without realizing it), it's money-back to the buyer, no questions asked!

Wish some of this thread discussion/exploration could have happened by PM, but never mind.